1. Objective(s) and linkages to Reforms
The Reforms Delivery Office (RDO) is an advisory body to the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (CMU) with focus on ensuring consistency of delivery of reforms, and Public Administration Reform (PAR), in particular, across ministries and other government bodies. The RDO consultants are a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-civil servants) funded by the international donors on a temporary basis to provide targeted technical support and assistance to the Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (SCMU) and to the respective ministries in the course of designing and implementation of the sectorial strategies and priority reforms.
The Senior Project Manager will lead activities of the Privatization and State-owned Enterprises (SOE) Reform, as well as ensure the coordination, monitoring and reporting of corresponding activities. Please be informed that only Ukrainian nationals are eligible to apply.
2. Position and reporting line
The Senior Project Manager will report to the Executive Director of the RDO, who in turn reports to the Minister of the CMU, who is the head of the RDO.
3. Duration and proposed timeframe
Duration of the assignment is until April 30, 2021, with starting date not later than April 1, 2021. Subject to the availability of funding, the performance of the selected consultant and the specific needs of the RDO, this appointment may be extended.
4. Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and facilitate development, monitoring and control over the delivery of the Privatization and SOE Reform;
- Contribution to and facilitation of the transparent privatization of SOE;
- Contribution to and facilitation of development and submission to the CMU of a draft law on improving the state policy of management and privatization of state property and ensuring that the State Property Fund has sufficient capacity and resources to fulfill its role;
- Contribution to and facilitation of settlement of procedures for the alienation of state and municipal property;
- Project management support (development of project/reform implementation plan, risk management, change management, etc.);
- Ensuring timely and accurate monthly and quarterly reporting of the team; - Ensuring visibility of the reform development and implementation.
5. Main anticipated deliverables
- The Order of the CMU on the list of objects of state property for the purpose of their transfer under the State Property Fund management for further privatization adopted;
- The Resolution of the CMU improving the functioning of the electronic trading system adopted;
- Inputs to reports and other materials for relevant stakeholders;
- Regular progress reports on the reform development and implementation prepared and published.
6. Qualifications, Skills and Experience
6.1 Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor/Master degree in law, finance, economics, business or public administration;
- Strong organizational management, communication and presentation skills;
- PC literacy (MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio); - Fluency in oral and written Ukrainian and English.
6.2 Professional experience:
- Preferably more than 10 years of general professional experience (minimum 5 years), preferably 5 years of experience in project management, public or business administration, consulting related to the field of assignment (minimum 3 years).
6.3 Other experience:
- Proven successful team management track record;
- Demonstrated knowledge and professional experience in public administration, privatization and corporate governance, change management, project management;
- Good knowledge of corresponding regulations in Ukraine and best practices in the privatization and corporate governance field;
- Good understanding of reform agenda in Ukraine and of policy formulation process;
- Experience in cooperation with government bodies, knowledge of their mandate and processes is an asset;
- Experience in leading multidisciplinary teams is an asset.
7. Funding Source
The funding source of this assignment is the EBRD Ukraine Stabilisation and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account (MDA). Contributors to the MDA are Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States and the European Union, the largest donor. Please note, selection and contracting will be subject to the availability of funding.
Submissions must be prepared in English only and delivered electronically by March 19, 2021, to the following address: [email protected]
All submissions must include:
- Completed, signed and scanned/photographed Application Form;
- Completed, signed and scanned/photographed Non-Disclosure Agreement Form;
- Applicant’s CV;
- At least one reference letter from a recent supervisor/manager (in English, or Ukrainian with English translation), signed by the referee and scanned/photographed;
- Contact details for two further referees who, if contacted, can attest to the professional and/or educational background of the candidate.
Only applications which have been submitted using the correct template and are fully completed will be considered.
9. Selection Procedure
Following the evaluation of all applications received, selected candidates may be invited to tests. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.
More details on the vacancy are here.