To support the MOH efforts, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract for Safe, Affordable, and Effective Medicines for Ukrainians (SAFEMed) to Management Sciences for Health (MSH) in September 2017.
SAFEMed applies health system-strengthening best practices to create evidence-based interventions and strengthen Ukraine’s pharmaceutical system in line with the MOH’s health care reform objectives.
SAFEMed has three primary project objectives working in unison towards achieving sustained epidemic control given constrains related to COVID-19:
1) Strengthening governance within the pharmaceutical sector of Ukraine;
2) Optimizing the financing of the pharmaceutical sector; and
3) Increasing the availability and appropriate use of medicines in Ukraine.
SAFEMed will provide technical, legal, and logistics support to the MOH, CPH, CPA, and other agencies in the smooth introduction and roll-out of the country’s COVID-19 vaccination campaign. This work will include supporting the government’s engagement with the Global COVAX Facility to finalize agreements around vaccination supply and developing the business processes for logistics of COVID-19 vaccines to ensure cost-effective, high-quality vaccine distribution to the vaccination site.
The main responsibilities of the coordinator are to carry out coordination activities for the introduction of a vaccine against the coronavirus disease COVID-19 and mass vaccination in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in Ukraine according to a defined template and criteria.
- Coordination of the program activities envisaged in the “Road Map for the introduction of the vaccine against acute respiratory disease COVID-19 caused by the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, and mass vaccination conducting in response to the pandemic COVID-19 in Ukraine in 2021-2022”.
- Coordination of the activities of persons responsible for the implementation of the COVID-19 vaccination campaign at the regional level, preparation of appropriate SOPs, algorithms, etc.
- Verification of the number of persons among the target group who will be subject to vaccination at the regional level, coordination of microplanning, participation in the preparation of regional scenarios and routes for delivering vaccination sessions.
- Preparation of analytical materials for decision-making related to the vaccine delivery routes.
- Participation in the inventory processes of “cold chain” equipment in the context of vaccination points.
- Monitoring and evaluation of vaccination, vaccine circulation, analysis of information from the State Expert Center on adverse event following immunization (AEFI) and analysis of the results of the work of the regional and national operations group for the investigation of AEFI.
- Participation in the implementation of international approaches and electronic tools for the quantitative calculation of the target group of persons to be vaccinated against coronavirus disease.
- Provision of advisory, methodological and technical assistance to specialists of healthcare facilities in carrying out calculations and verification of the calculation of the target group of persons to be vaccinated against coronavirus disease.
- Participation and organization of program activities on immunoprophylaxis of vaccination against COVID-19, including working groups, round tables, seminars, trainings, meetings, conferences.
- Execution of other tasks (within its own competence) on behalf of the coordinator of the project direction.
- SOPs, algorithms, recommendations for regional coordinators of the vaccination company against COVID-19 are prepared
- Timely exchange of information at the national level with the regional coordinators of the vaccination company against COVID-19 is ensured
- Number of persons among the target group who will be vaccinated by regions has been verified, micro-planning has been carried out, regional scenarios and routes of vaccination sessions have been verified
- Updates for “Roadmap for the introduction of the vaccine against acute respiratory disease COVID-19 caused by the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, and mass vaccination in response to the pandemic COVID-19 in Ukraine in 2021-2022” are prepared at MoH/PHC request
- Report on the assessment of “cold chain” equipment for vaccination points is prepared
- Higher medical, public health or legal education
- Experience of work with government institutions, knowledge of Ukrainian healthcare system
- 3+ year experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation / statistical reporting/data analysis;
- Excellent level of computer work, advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Good interpersonal skills – demonstrating ability to successfully work with internal and external partners at all levels of responsibility
- Strong leadership skills with ability to perform technical work
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritize tasks to meet the requested deadlines with heavy workloads and limited time resources
Monthly reports on deliverables status. Report directly to SAFEMed STA on Supply Chain
Duties performance location
Kyiv, UkrainePHC and/or SAFEMed office in Kyiv, Ukraine with no business trips.
Qualified candidates may apply to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org The position is open till filled. Past performance references would be an advantage. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.