MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position**
SACCI provides support to the State Property Fund of Ukraine (SPFU) that oversees corporate governance of many State-Owned Enterprises (SOE) and prepares for and conducts privatization of SOEs. SACCI is assembling a team of consultants to conduct assessment of corporate governance of up to five large SOEs. The team will assess the SOEs’ compliance with OECD Guidelines on Corporate Governance of State-Owned Enterprises. It is suggested that assessment be conducted based on the corporate governance assessment tools developed by the World Bank and International Finance Corporation or similar agreed-upon methodology customized for Ukraine. The Consultant will lead the assessment of financial disclosure and audit practices and compliance. The Consultant will contribute to the assessment of the control environment area, such as internal control system, internal audit function, risk management and compliance, as well as other corporate governance area. This is the STTA position with the expected level of effort is up to 50 expert days.
- Contribute to developing the corporate governance assessment methodology for SOEs;
- Conduct corporate governance assessment of up to five SOEs focusing on financial disclosure and audit practices and compliance. Contribute to the assessment of the control environment area, such as internal control system, internal audit function, risk management and compliance, as well as other corporate governance area;
- Write the assessment report with findings, conclusions and recommendations with milestones as well as road map for implementing the recommendations;
- Present the report for SACCI and SPFU and finalize the report based on comments and suggestions.
- MA Degree or higher in finance, accounting, or other relevant areas is required;
- Over 5 years of experience working on the issues of corporate governance focusing on financial reporting, disclosure and audit, internal controls, risk management, and compliance
- Knowledge of the international corporate governance best practices and standards including the OECD Guidelines on Corporate Governance of State-Owned Enterprises
- Experience conducting assessments and consulting companies on corporate governance with the focus on financial aspects of control environment
- Knowledge and experience working on the issues of corporate governance and financial control environment of SOEs is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the corporate governance, financial and internal control issues and requirements in Ukraine
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines (time management, reporting, negotiations skills)
- Fluency in Ukrainian and proficiency in English required
*Deadline for applying for this position – March 16, 2021, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com