Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of Administrative Assistant.
The five-year USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (DG East) aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine by promoting an inclusive civic identity, common civic value and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of Russia’s aggression, cases of far-right Ukrainian nationalism, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East’s purpose is to “strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine” and methodology is to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. DG East will provide opportunities for citizens to engage with their government, provide government with resources to support their citizens, and create opportunities for citizens of Ukraine to create hope in their future and positive changes in their daily lives. The position will be based in Severodonetsk.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide support with general office administration, human resource management, small-scale administrative procurement, and other daily needs of office operations. Provide administrative support to recruitment process for short-term technical assistance (STTA) that includes inviting applicants for interviews, searching for reference checks and visual compliance, sending notifications to the selected or rejected applicants;
- Collect respective documents and prepare payment packages for local STTAs, track and file deliverables as needed;
- Make hotel and flight reservations for local and international staff, and consultants engaged as STTA as well as consultants traveling to and within Ukraine;
- Collect operations related information to inform the preparation of operational monthly wire transfer requests for review by the Office Manager;
- Coordinate and track taxi and transportation services use;
- Assist with maintenance of project electronic and hard copy filing system as well as operational procurement procedures, including identification of vendors, collection of price quotes, and documentation of the procurement process;
- Support the Office Manager with maintenance of travel, event, and staff leave calendar as well as tracking staff leave balances for the office;
- Procure office supplies, greet and assist visitors, and help schedule meetings and events;
- Coordinate postage services and document exchange between offices;
- Maintain the office property inventory tracker;
- Other duties as assigned, including providing coverage (of AAs) to other DG East offices at times of increased activity or staff absences in other offices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field;
- At least 1 year of relevant office administration, bookkeeping, financial management, program management, HR management, and/or accounting experience required, with preference for USAID-funded administrative experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of office administration;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good judgement that reflects positively on the DG-East program;
- Ability to effectively use computer software. Demonstrated high proficiency with Excel spreadsheet applications is required;
- Fluent Ukrainian or Russian required and fluent English strongly preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to ukraineDGeastrecruit@chemonics.com with Administrative Assistant-SEV listed in the subject line by March 10, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”