PROJECT SPECIALIST JOB PURPOSE:
Project Specialist provides assistance and expertise within all components of Academic Integrity and Quality Initiative (Academic IQ Initiative). Project Specialist facilitates the communication with university representatives of participating universities ensuring support to their project needs. Project Specialist assists Project Coordinator in communication with representatives of National Agency for Higher Education Quality Assurance, State Service for Education Quality, and other related Project partners. Project Specialist runs public outreach activities and represents the Projects in communication with media and Partners press departments. Project Specialist assists Project Coordinator by performing other related duties.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROJECT HERE: https://academiq.org.ua/
PROJECT SPECIALIST JOB DUTIES:
Project Daily Operations
- Assists in overseeing daily project operations
- Assists in ensuring administrative, logistical, and financial support to project needs
- Identifies operational issues, ensures project compliance with Ukraine Office policies and procedures, and resolves issues in consultation with Project Coordinator
- Assists in calling the meetings with Ministry of Educational and Science of Ukraine, National Agency for Higher Education Quality, State Service for Educational Quality, PAS and other partners to coordinate the Project activities
- Provides logistical support for international and inside-Ukraine travels
- Assists in cooperation with International Center for Academic Integrity, national and international experts on developing materials and planning strategic sessions
- Administers Project web-site, social media pages and other online informational platforms
Project activities work
- Runs the communication with representatives of participating universities
- Ensures administrative, financial and informational support to participating universities representatives of Academic IQ Initiative
- Assists Project Partners in any interaction with representatives of participating universities and high schools
- Assists Project Coordinator in integrating LMS into project coordination functions
- Facilitates cooperation with National Agency for Higher Education Quality Assurance, State Service for Educational Quality, higher and secondary education institutions
- Assists in the process of developing methodological guidelines and materials for Education Quality Assurance Centers (EQACs), National Agency for Higher Education Quality, State Service for Educational Quality
- Runs public outreach activities, ensuring it correspond with Project outreach strategy and American Councils policy
- Oversees the production of educational and informational materials
- Informs Project Coordinator of significant issues and recommends solutions
- Adheres to all American Councils office policies and guidelines as set forth by the Country Director and D.C. office.
Project Partner Work
- Maintains regular contact with partners to assure delivery of services/products on Project Coordinator direction
- Communicates with media and Project Partners press departments to represent an official position of the Project executives.
- Assists Project Coordinator in preparation of representation materials, clear talking points for donor, partner and stakeholder meetings, as directed
- Performs other tasks as directed
Some travels within Ukraine may be necessary. Project Specialist will also be required to complete other tasks and assignments as directed by Project Coordinator.
The responsibilities referred to these Job Duties are meant to support all components of the project.
- University degree in Education, Psychology, International Relations, Social Sciences, Philology or other relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
- Must have a right to work in Ukraine
- Verbal and written fluency in English and Ukrainian
- Understanding of Ukrainian secondary and higher education systems required
- Prior experience in public sector/with donor-funded projects is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in planning conferences, workshops, fairs or other outreach events
- Work experience involving multiple task prioritization
- Experience in public speaking and in professional training activities; excellent presentation skills
- Ability to forge and develop connections and work cooperatively with partners and stakeholders from various sectors, including Ukrainian government, universities, high schools etc
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Excellent skills in time management, strategic planning and implementation,
- Analytical/critical thinking, and e-communication/technology
Submit a cover letter with a current resume before the closing date via e-mail: email@example.com. Please note the title PROJECT SPECIALIST in the Subject line of your message. Applications submitted later than March 1, 2021 will not be considered.