- Activity Background:
The purpose of the United Agency for International Development (USAID) Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity is to strengthen the resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks by establishing trusted collaboration between key cybersecurity stakeholders in the government, private sector, academia, and civil society. The activity aims to achieve this goal by implementing the following activity components:
Component 1: Strengthening the cybersecurity enabling environment
The legal, regulatory, and institutional framework for national cybersecurity in Ukraine needs to be strengthened and aligned with international standards and best practices. This component will strengthen the cybersecurity resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure sectors by addressing legislative gaps, promoting good governance, enabling collaboration between stakeholders, and supporting cybersecurity institutions. This component will also build the technical capacity of key sectors through increased access to cybersecurity technology and equipment.
Component 2: Developing Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce
Ukraine suffers from a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This component of the USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity will address workforce gaps through activities that develop new cybersecurity talent and build the capacity of existing talent. These activities will address the entire workforce pipeline, the quality of education received by cybersecurity specialists, and industry training programs to rapidly upskill Ukraine’s workforce to respond to immediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Component 3: Building a resilient cybersecurity industry
A growing cybersecurity industry in Ukraine will contribute directly to national security and prosperity. This component will seek to build trust and collaboration between the public and private sector to develop innovative solutions for future cybersecurity challenges; spur investment and growth in the broader cybersecurity market in Ukraine through greater access to financing; support smaller cybersecurity companies to rapidly increase the number of local cybersecurity service providers; and offer mechanisms for Ukrainian firms to connect with industry partners to enable better access to innovations and business opportunities.
Together the above components will improve short-term cybersecurity resilience in Ukraine and establish a solid foundation for long-term cybersecurity independence and leadership. Lessons and best practices from key critical infrastructure sectors will extend to all parts of the public sector, as well as to the private sector and civil society.
2. Role’s Purpose:
Under the supervision of the Market and Industry Development (MID) Lead, the Market and Industry Development (MID) Technical Coordinator will assist with supporting the implementation of the Component 3 (Building a Resilient Cybersecurity Industry) workplan, including timely preparation of contractual deliverables under that component. Specifically, the MID Technical Coordinator will assist with the development/design, planning, and implementation of tasks and interventions under this Component of the Activity, namely in support of the Center for Cybersecurity Innovations (Task 1). In parallel, the MID Technical Coordinator will be responsible for the IT project management aspects of Component 3 tasks, including web portal development, localization of online marketplace and integration with other existing online platforms and databases.
Additional responsibilities will include coordinating efforts with partners and shareholders, particularly as they relate to the CCI’s launch and operation (including coordination and implementation of cross-integration tasks under all Activity components).
- Assist with maintaining communications and supporting coordination efforts with relevant Activity beneficiaries, other GOU stakeholders, private sector stakeholders (local businesses…), implementing partners in order to collect requirements, analyze data flows and design tasks implementation.
- Define requirements needed to support the design and development of the CCI
- Coordinate development of and monitor progress of key steps needed to establish the CCI (legal documents, operations plans, IT and financial systems, etc.)
- Coordinate the selection process for CCI program/service recipients and participants;
- Provide Agile management and product development inputs for IT components of the CCI and other Activity tasks (training, exchange platform, etc.) that have an IT or online component.
- Manage IT and product development of selected features of future CCI website/web platform and its related IT components;
- Manage seamless cross-integration of all IT features. Analyze CCI options and propose long-term use scenarios, future developments and sustainability. Manage necessary IT resources for implementation while respecting determined timelines and milestones.
- Establish linkages with major IT/Cybersecurity platforms in Ukrainian IT hubs, communities and accelerators by taking part in professional networks. And using proactive communication with GoU, expert community and professional actors by taking part in professional networks will encourage cooperation among cybersecurity stakeholders and increase the visibility of the cybersecurity industry online;
- Assist MID Lead with documenting activities for tasks implementation, developing tools related to technical interventions, including toolkits, quick reference guides, flow-charts, one-pagers, etc.
- Assist with developing/reviewing scopes of work, terms of reference, action plans in response to long-term and ad hoc requests from stakeholders/partners
- Assist MID Lead with executing all cross-component tasks, coordinates with other components leads, MEL team, communications manager, STTAs, other staff under the Activity as needed
- Assist MID Lead with performance of other tasks as needed.
- Program management/coordination experience on complicated activities
- IT Product Management & PO (product owner). Technical competencies of the PM, management of communications and work with stakeholders. Strong IT experience, Cybersecurity knowledge;
- Lean product management and Agile framework. Creating a roadmap, Levels of Requirements, IT Project lifecycle management, Risk Management. Working with dependencies in a project, Documentation, Closure of the project, Behavioral competencies of the PM;
- Previous work experience with GOU stakeholders, technical assistance projects or similar project management skills. Work experience with strong international background;
- Fluent English;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and active listening skills
- Solid core skills including- communication, collaboration, multitasking
- Solid writing skills
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to UkraineCCI_Recruitment@dai.com. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.