On March 2, 2020, EnCompass LLC was awarded the Monitoring and Learning Support Contract (M&LSC) to support the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) mission in Ukraine to holistically provide technical assistance support and other services in monitoring and evaluation. EnCompass, our subcontractor NORC at the University of Chicago, Pardee and other local partners will aim to improve the achievement and sustainability of USAID’s development outcomes for USAID/Ukraine, including USAID Belarus.
The Administrative Assistant serves as the main point of contact for accounting, invoicing, and coding of expenditures to support project activities, working closely with the project’s Operations Manager and the EnCompass Home Office Finance Team. The Administrative Assistant will also develop, manage and maintain all administrative systems and procedures necessary for the implementation of project activities, and support the project’s full-time staff located in the EnCompass office in Kyiv. She/He will organize logistics related to project workshops, meetings and learning events, coordinate translation of project documents and deliverables as needed, and manage arrangements for field work as may be necessary, among other responsibilities.
The person taking this role is expected to be highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, capable of coordinating multiple tasks simultaneously, and interested in the field of monitoring, evaluation, learning, and the use of evidence in the national and international development area.
This full-time position is based at the EnCompass Kyiv, Ukraine, office and will report to the project Operations Manager.
NOTE: This position is expected to be remote until at least April 1, 2021, due to COVID-19.
Position Duties And Responsibilities
Manage calendar invitations, incoming phone calls, video conference calls, agendas, and logistics for the project.
Take notes, mostly in English, for numerous meetings and share them in a timely way with project staff and others as appropriate.
Provide support to project meetings and events, including logistical assistance for workshop planning and delivery.
Serve as the primary point of contact for use by the Ukraine-based team of information systems and databases (including the Google Drive folder shared with USAID and the EnCompass SharePoint platform and Microsoft Office Teams Space) and support the M&LSC local team on their use.
Coordinate the development, drafting, and editing of various administrative documents and memos by following appropriate approval processes and following up on pending tasks to make sure deadlines are met.
Arrange travel, including transportation, lodging, visas, and other necessary preparations for visiting staff and traveling team members.
Organize project activities as assigned (e.g., maintaining up to date participant lists, drafting communications, sending welcome letters, responding to questions, etc.)
Update and maintain Task and Deliverables Trackers to ensure timely delivery of tasks and track overall project progress.
Support the management of consultant processes: Ensure alignment of recruitment to EnCompass standards and policy; support consultant agreement development and finalization, and contribute to staff onboarding with support from the home office HR team.
Work closely with the M&LSC team and Encompass home office communications team to support completion of high-quality deliverables that are edited/formatted adequately in a timely manner.
Participate in selecting local translators, verify accuracy of their work in English and Ukrainian documents with M&LSC technical team concurrence, and oversee compliance with contract terms related to the project’s Branding Implementation and Marking Plan.
Support development and functioning of the project administrative systems and processes, helping to ensure compliance with USAID regulations, Ukrainian law, and EnCompass policies.
Engage fully as a member of the USAID M&LSC staff team, including participating in staff and client meetings and other events, and providing administrative support to team members as needed
Other duties as assigned
- 2 years of experience supporting development projects and experience providing similar support to project teams
Experience and Skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, detail oriented to problem-solving and planning, analysis, design of project management, and planning tasks and methods
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment and with technical support
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills (at a minimum Level 3 of Foreign Service Institute, Professional Working Experience)
- Previous event planning and management experience
- Experience with travel and logistic management
- Experience working with USG funded projects and other international donors a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with cloud-based information management platforms and repositories is a plus (Google, Sharepoint, OneDrive, others)
- Proven capacity to take the initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Experience with database management
How To Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter in English, including salary expectations in Ukrainian currency with your application on: