Public Relations Specialist
USAID Economic Resilience Activity (ERA), implemented by DAI GLOBAL LLC, empowers business and community development in eastern Ukraine. The conflict has left eastern Ukraine’s infrastructure badly in need of repair, investment, and reorientation. ERA works with regional stakeholders to mobilize the investment needed to address the region’s infrastructure needs.
To strengthen our communications team, we are looking for a qualified Public Relations Specialist. The Public Relations Specialist will be responsible for implementation of ERA Strategic Communications Plan by preparing materials and contributing to public relations activities, that will result in changing the perception of Ukrainians towards eastern Ukraine as a viable place for living and doing business, and improving the economic outlook and confidence in the future of those, residing in the region. The Public Relations Specialist will be based in Kyiv and report to the Director of Communication and Change Management.
As a Public Relations Specialist your main tasks will be:
- Develop content for various platforms including but not limited to website, social media, USAID outlets, blogs, collateral materials and advertisements, ensuring proper and consistent messaging throughout;
- Prepare and coordinate production of publicity materials (brochures, infographics, newsletter, annual report, leaflets, posters), promotional videos and productions;
- Conduct and maintain media relations in support of ERA interventions and activities including but not limited to development of sub-campaigns, content development for various platforms, communication with partners, preparation and distribution of the press releases and announcements;
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive media database, complete with local, regional, national and international media;
- Work with media monitoring agency to develop monthly media monitoring reports, analysis and recommendations for adaptive management, as well as identifies and reports social, economic and political trends that might affect ERA implementation;
- Carry out distribution of news related to the Activity’s work including pitches, press releases, talking points and related visuals, and responsible for press corrections if the event printed information is not correct, ensuring media is accurately reflecting the situation and emerging trends;
- Define communication and distribution channels for target groups and prepare and supervise distribution and placement of informative materials in the field, involving media in project activities (where appropriate).
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a proven knowledge of the Public Relations process with at least eight years of work experience in in integrated communications, public relations or journalism. We also expect you to have a proven experience to write and present stories, make research, write and distribute press releases, articles, interviews to targeted media and clients. You will apply your expertise in coordinating your efforts with technical team to help develop a truly impactful, transformative and resilient economy in eastern Ukraine.
In this position, you are expected to share the DAI four core values:
- Integrity: commit to civil and ethical behavior,play by the rules, and do the right thing;
- Responsibility: be accountable to clients, partners, grant recipients, beneficiaries, colleagues, and communities where we work. If you fall short, you own up, fix the problem, and get it right the next time;
- Excellence: adhere to the highest technical and professional standards in innovation, learning, and service;
- Global Citizenship: respect the cultural diversity and treat everyone everywhere with professionalism and dignity to make the world a better place.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8-10 years of relevant experience particularly in integrated communications, public relations and/or journalism;
- Excellent writing and communications skills in both English and Ukrainian;
- Experience in realization of multi-faceted outreach campaigns;
- Excellent skills and high competence in data collection, compilation, analysis and reporting is required;
- Good knowledge and experience in office software packages, handling of web-based management systems;
- Extremely well organized and self-directed with sound analytical ability, good judgment, and strong communication focus;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work as part of a team;
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
- Experience with USAID or other international donors will be a significant advantage;
- Familiarity with graphic and layout software (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) is an asset;
- Experience working in Eastern Ukraine preferred.
Contract length: 12-months employment agreement with possibility of extension until August 2024.
Please visit our application on-line Ukraine Economic Resilience Activity (ERA) (formsite.com)
Be prepared to upload a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
Closing date for applications: February 28, 2021
For further information about the DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website dai.com
If you want to learn more about Economic resilience Activity, please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ERAUkraine