WWF-Україна шукає керівника лісових проєктів!
Якщо ви мрієте стати частиною панда-команди, любите ліс та маєте досвід керування проектами, надсилайте своє резюме та супровідний лист на адресу: firstname.lastname@example.org
Дедлайн для подачі заявок: 12 лютого 2021 року (включно).
Детальніше про вакансію:
WWF is the world’s largest conservation organization, founded in 1961. We’re active in over 100 countries and have over 7700 employees. WWF Central and Eastern Europe is responsible for leading WWF’s efforts to preserve, restore and sustainably manage the natural values of the Danube-Carpathian ecoregion, which we also call the Green Heart of Europe. With a team of 160 highly specialised professionals, we are working across political borders through an ecoregional approach based on model projects, influencing policy, networking, capacity building, communication and crisis response.
WWF-Ukraine is a member of WWF-CEE covering Ukraine, Moldova, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia and the Czech Republic. We’re primarily engaged with forests, freshwater, wildlife projects.
WWF-Ukraine is seeking to recruit a motivated and driven Project Officer to join the Forest team. The position reports directly to the Forest Manager and is based in Kyiv (other locations discussed).
The jobholder will be responsible for:
Implementation of projects aimed at improvement of forest management and combating illegal logging, particularly strengthening forest certification approach, ensuring protection of old-growth forests and forests with high nature conservation values, identification weaknesses in supply timber chain etc. The position will collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, such as state forest enterprises, certification bodies, scientific institutions, government representatives, NGOs etc.
Delivering and executing the assigned project(s) tasks, as outlined within the action plan:
- Collecting and analysing information on aforementioned issues, selecting pilot areas or state forest enterprises, providing stakeholder analysis in order to select relevant ones, selecting of relevant experts for project implementation
- Planning of project activities, considering resources available and proper timelines
- Providing expert support with the project execution, in line with own expertise and experience
- Is in charge of contracts with third parties and subcontractors (preparation, signing, archiving), follow up of their work and ensuring the timely delivery of contract activities/deliverables
- Bearing responsibility for the project events organization and coordinating the event execution with the team
- Taking part in planning communication activities, preparation of communication materials and presentations for the project for internal and external purposes
- Developing and maintain day-to-day contact with partners and interested stakeholders within the project
Developing of project proposals and providing projects reports:
- Supporting the preparation of donor reports, preparation of administrative reporting and project documentation
- Contributing to the development of new project proposals
General organization issues:
● Providing support to the Project Manager with budgeting, work plan preparation for Forest Practice
● Aiding the good functioning of the organisation by contributing to planning, budgeting, communications, etc. and helping out with national activities whenever needed and possible
The ideal candidate would have:
● University degree in environmental disciplines (and/or social, economic disciplines as well)
● Basic project management knowledge
● Good knowledge of forest management and forest conservation issues (particularly forest certification concept, old-growth forests concept, timber chain of custody etc.)
● At least 1-3 years professional experience
● Experience in preparation and execution of donor-financed projects of similar nature within NGO, government or business organizations
● Strong oral and written communications skills in Ukrainian
● Good knowledge of oral and written English
● Strong organizational skills
● Experience in document management
● Good information structuring and presentation skills
● Good communication skills, ability to build and maintain contacts
● Diplomacy and cultural skills to work with a broad array of individuals from a variety of backgrounds
● Ability to work well within the national and larger international WWF team, as well as independently
● Strong computer literacy
● Reliability, integrity, trustworthiness
● Ability to work under pressure (tight deadlines) and positive attitude
● Interest and motivation in the area of nature protection
● Time management skills
● Adherence to WWF’s mission, code of conduct and values (courage, integrity, respect and
- the opportunity to make a difference – for Ukrainian nature and for WWF
- challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- possibility to deep dive into the oldest and beautiful Ukrainian forests
- friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- varying tasks and independent work style
- flexible working arrangements
- a pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
- salary according to NGO standards
If you are interested in joining our team, send your CV and cover letter stating your interest in this position (in English) with reference Forest Officer at email@example.com no later than 12 February 2021. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates.
For more information about WWF-Ukraine, kindly check the website: https://wwf.ua/.