- Activity Background:
The purpose of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity is to strengthen the resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks by establishing trusted collaboration between key cybersecurity stakeholders in the government, private sector, academia, and civil society. The activity aims to achieve this goal by implementing the following activity components:
Component 1: Strengthen the cybersecurity enabling environment
The legal, regulatory, and institutional framework for national cybersecurity in Ukraine needs to be strengthened and aligned with international standards and best practices. This component will strengthen the cybersecurity resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure sectors by addressing legislative gaps, promoting good governance, enabling collaboration between stakeholders, and supporting cybersecurity institutions. This component will also build the technical capacity of key sectors through increased access to cybersecurity technology and equipment.
Component 2: Develop Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce
Ukraine suffers from a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This component of the USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity will address workforce gaps through activities that develop new cybersecurity talent and build the capacity of existing talent. These activities will address the entire workforce pipeline, the quality of education received by cybersecurity specialists, and industry training programs to rapidly upskill Ukraine’s workforce to respond to immediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Component 3: Build a resilient cybersecurity industry
A growing cybersecurity industry in Ukraine will contribute directly to national security and prosperity. This component will seek to build trust and collaboration between the public and private sector to develop innovative solutions for future cybersecurity challenges; spur investment and growth in the broader cybersecurity market in Ukraine through greater access to financing; support smaller cybersecurity companies to rapidly increase the number of local cybersecurity service providers; and offer mechanisms for Ukrainian firms to connect with industry partners to enable better access to innovations and business opportunities.
Together the above components will improve short-term cybersecurity resilience in Ukraine and establish a solid foundation for long-term cybersecurity independence and leadership. Lessons and best practices from key critical infrastructure sectors will extend to all parts of the public sector, as well as to the private sector and civil society.
- Role’s Purpose:
The ICT Specialist helps to establish and monitor the project IT infrastructure and supports implementation of new hardware and software for program operations or basic upgrades. S/he will manage the IT network and computer equipment for the project and will be responsible for the proper maintenance and functioning of the server and other equipment. In addition, he/she may be asked to provide their technical expertise for any IT related activities and procurements.
The ICT Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following detailed tasks:
- Maintain local network connectivity including installation of cabling, switches/hubs and configuration TCP/IP, NAT, TCP/IP printing, windows network and domain services on TCP/IP.
- Maintain and install staff computer hardware and configure and troubleshoot laptop and desktop MS Windows OS (7 and/or 10 Professional), MS Office Pro Plus (2013 or 2016), Lotus Notes and other mail clients, Kaspersky AV, and other software.
- Server and server application maintenance and installation (hardware integration, server installation and maintenance, LAN and WAN connectivity, Lotus Domino and messaging system, FTP services, Kaspersky Endpoint Protection for Business managed solution, WSUS);
- Maintain the IT equipment in the project office, including wireless access
- Provide daily IT support for systems and users, including helping project staff with computer-related problems, requests or questions
- Resolve problems with network connection, and maintain service reports
- Maintain communication with the Home Office OIMT Team to resolve replication and other problems
- Submit support tickets for issues that cannot be resolved locally and need to be escalated to DAI HO IT support; coordinate and follow up with DAI HO IT support on resolving those issues
- Maintain email accounts for all staff and confidentiality of all passwords and other restricted information;
- Ensure safety and security of information by making sure staff is following IT security and data protection protocol; conducting network security assessments and monitoring IDS, firewall, etc; updating software regularly;
- Conduct threat and risk analysis and provide essential suggestions; Help in performing research, testing, evaluation, and deployment of security procedures;
- Design security training materials and organize training sessions for USAID Cybersecurity staff;
- Maintain the project server, located in the project office. Ensure that the server is being regularly backed up and functioning properly;
- Provide technical expertise, including inputs for solicitations and participating in evaluation committees for IT related procurements as necessary;
- Work with the Administration Procurement Assistant to maintain a list of the project’s IT related inventory;
- Manage, control, and secure all software;
- Check systems in order to optimize performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures
ICT Support for assessment of IT-related procurements:
- Work with the implementing partners and other stakeholders to scope out IT procurement needs;
- Visit beneficiary institutions to conduct ICT assessments per DAI procedures to assess existing ICT systems, human resources, and the needs of potential beneficiary institutions;
- Determine possibility and strategy for integrating legacy systems into proposed donated ICT systems;
- Propose solutions, specifications and configurations for ICT donations to support various grantees in coordination with DAI Home Office team and per DAI standards; Provide detailed ICT Assessment Reports with recommendations;
- Provide guidance, advice and explanation to the USAID Cybersecurity Management Team on proposed solutions;
- Prepare ICT implementation plans, training methodology and plans per DAI standards, and procedures while working to ensure ICT project sustainability;
- Coordinate implementation of proposed ICT solutions, projects, and training events;
- Provide ICT policies and procedures documentation drafts for beneficiaries if none exists, or suggest improvements in current policies and procedures;
- Oversee inventory of donated equipment, software and other solutions;
- Coordinate procurement and ICT implementation plans and help mitigate risks;
- Provide and implement Change Control Plans where necessary;
- Coordinate ICT implementation with representatives of the beneficiary institutions and provide implementation reports;
- Build capacity of the local ICT specialists to enable proper follow up on ICT activities;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience working in an IT administration position.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows Server & Windows Client operating systems.
- Knowledge of Windows network services: AD, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, Print and file sharing.
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, Lotus Notes Client Administration
- Demonstrated strong problem- solving skills as well as exceptional customer relations
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Extremely well organized and self-directed individual
- Working proficiency in English is required
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to [email protected] or via the DAI website. Only short-listed candidates will receive a notice requesting additional information.