UCPW is seeking candidates for a ReLAB-HS Project Support and Inclusion Officer for a new five-year USAID-funded project, Learning, Acting and Building for Rehabilitation in Healthy Systems (ReLAB-HS). The ReLAB-HS Ukraine Project Support and Inclusion Officer will backstop the implementation of programmatic activities, providing organizational, procurement, financial, and administrative support as needed. She/he will also be responsible for providing country-level gender equality and social inclusion strategy (GESI) support. Only candidates with work authorization in Ukraine will be considered; relocation benefits will not be provided.
ReLAB-HS aims to support development of health systems that are responsive to the escalating challenge of addressing the growing needs for rehabilitation within populations. It seeks to co-design and implement innovative, comprehensive, cost-effective interventions that strengthen health systems for provision of rehabilitation including assistive technology. ReLAB-HS will focus on integrating rehabilitation and assistive technology services across all levels of care within health systems. The ReLAB-HS consortium comprises of six international partners with expertise in health systems, implementation science, and delivery innovations.
About UCP Wheels for Humanity:
Founded in 1996, UCP Wheels for Humanity (UCPW) increases access to mobility and improves quality of life for children and adults with physical disabilities in less-resourced countries. UCP Wheels makes strategic investments in communities by leveraging existing capacities and empowering local stakeholders. Based on the needs of each region in which we work, we offer one or more of our direct-service or capacity-building programs. For more information, visit www.ucpwheels.org
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Rehabilitation and AT Technical Coordinator, the ReLAB-HS Project Support and Inclusion Officer will be responsible for performing the following primary tasks:
- Assist in organizing trainings, workshops, and other in-country activities, including identification of appropriate venues; payment coordination for transportation, accommodation, food, and other expenses; documentation of expenses; preparing required materials
- Prepare invitations, agendas, participant lists, meeting minutes, and other communication materials for events as required
- Facilitate communication between relevant local and national agencies, institutions, NGOs, and other stakeholders to further project activities
- Collect required monitoring and evaluation data; contribute to programmatic reporting as needed
- Work to ensure compliance with USAID regulations and funding parameters in all aspects of activity implementation
- Maintain project files and electronic data according to UCPW policies and procedures
- Provide other support as needed
- Provide GESI focus on country-level activities in coordination with ReLAB-HS Inclusive Development Coordinator and GESI Officer
- Assist in conducting a GESI country assessment
- Oversee rollout of ReLAB-HS inclusive development strategy using the GESI toolkit, including the implementation of participatory engagement activities.
- Monitor and report on country-level GESI activities
- Provide a program focal point for interface with other in-country and global inclusive development actors/ stakeholders
Minimum Qualifications (mandatory):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in international development, international relations, women or gender studies, social justice, or related fields
- Minimum two years of relevant experience, preferably in the field of international development and/or global health or inclusive development
- Demonstrated success in activity planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to manage finances with integrity
- Ability to liaise and negotiate with external agencies, including government officials
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently and in a team of people with diverse backgrounds
- Proven ability to take initiative in finding solutions to complex challenges
- Fluency in English is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- Prior work on USAID-funded project and familiarity with USAID rules and regulations
- Understanding of national health systems for rehabilitation services and knowledge of Ukrainian health systems
- Experience in gender and social inclusion, including in gender-focused analysis, gender-smart investing, differential gender impacts of laws, policies and regulations, or similar framework
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume in English to email@example.com no later than February 1, 2021. Please include “ReLAB-HS Ukraine Project Support and Inclusion Officer: YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
UCP Wheels is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. UCP Wheels encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.