Alinea is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of the Canada’s leading international development organization. It executes projects for the Government of Canada, as well as the World Bank, United Nations, Asian Development Bank, Inter-American Development Bank and others.
Established in 1986, Alinea has successfully delivered over 370 projects in 65 countries. It has 30 years of project management experience and 11 offices worldwide, including Ukraine.
Alinea’s mission is to provide management and technical expertise characterized by: teamwork, results-based project design, participatory methodologies, local input and ownership, sustainability.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
The State Service of Education Quality of Ukraine (SSEQ) and the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (MoES), supported by the international donor projects, implemented the system for quality assurance for school education.
The quality assurance for school education – is a powerful instrument for positive changes in education field, impacting each Ukrainian family. As the result – more comfortable environment for pupils (psychological and physical) at schools, qualitative HR policy and professional development of teachers of each school, focus on individual growth of each pupil, ecological management, inclusivity.
For this reform, SURGe Project is looking for аn Expert on cooperation with the local communities in the sphere of education to develop and deliver an effective approach towards the quality assurance reform promotion with the local communities, which are the schools’ founders, to develop and disseminate a set of recommendations, training materials on schools quality assurance policy, as well as to lead the needs assessment of the local communities needs in assuring the quality of school education in their territories.
The expert will be based in Kyiv and will be reporting to the reform team lead and to the SURGe sector lead.
Level of effort: full time, Monday-Friday (part time involvement might be discussed during the interviews with the selected applicants).
The duration of the contract is 6 months (till the end of June 2021) with a possibility of extension (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
- Participate in designing of a strategic approach within the QA initiative towards cooperation with the local communities regarding the QA instruments; conducting liaison with the reform owners (MoES, SSEQ) regarding their approval of such an approach.
- Preparing a representative list of different local communities for further needs assessment and consultations.
- Participate in conducting detailed needs assessment and consultations with local communities on the quality assurance reform; via meetings, interviews etc. researching their understanding and needs in quality assurance of school education.
- Participate in preparing explanatory materials, recommendations for the local communities on quality assurance.
- Participate in preparing explanatory materials, recommendations for the local communities, in which school underwent the institutional audits; train them on how to use the results of audits.
- Participate in designing, developing and introducing a sustainable training system for the local communities.
- Conduct liaison with other technical assistance projects that deal with decentralization and that have a sectorial policy part on education.
- Provide support to the SSEQ in the institutional audits conduct.
- Perform other tasks as defined by the sector lead.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Master Degree in Education/Social Sciences/Humanities/Economics/Pedagogy.
- Proven experience of working in education sector.
- Proven knowledge of the Ukrainian education policies, in particular in the sphere of inclusive education.
- Proven experience of working on the local level of governance, or experience of cooperation with the local communities in policy sphere.
- Participation in projects or activity related to quality assurance is an advantage.
- Good communication skills.
- Impeccable ethical standards.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on January 25, 2021 to the following address: [email protected].
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV in English (max. 2 pages).
2) Applicant’s letter of interest in English (max. 500 words)
Please, ensure to statethe title of the vacancyin the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
Please, note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.