Corporate Governance Assessment Team Lead for State Property Fund of Ukraine
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position**
SACCI provides support to the State Property Fund of Ukraine (SPFU) that oversees corporate governance of many State-Owned Enterprises (SOE) and prepares for and conducts privatization of SOEs. SACCI is assembling a team to conduct assessment of corporate governance of up to five large SOEs. The team will assess the SOEs’ compliance with OECD Guidelines on Corporate Governance of State-Owned Enterprises. It is suggested that assessment be conducted based on Corporate Governance Progression Matrix for SOEs tool developed by the World Bank’s International Finance Corporation customized for Ukraine or similar agreed-upon methodology. The Corporate Governance Team Lead will lead the development of the assessment methodology, conducting assessment in key areas of corporate governance, and developing and presenting an assessment report to SACCI and SPFU. This is the STTA position with the expected level of effort is up to 45 expert days.
- Lead a team of consultants in planning and conducting the assessment and drafting and presenting a report;
- Lead the development of the corporate governance assessment methodology for SOEs in line with OECD Guidelines on Corporate Governance of State-Owned Enterprises and other best practices and standards;
- Lead conducting assessment of up to five large SOEs;
- Lead writing the assessment report with findings, conclusions and recommendations with milestones as well as road map for implementing the recommendations;
- Present the report for SACCI and SPFU and finalize the report based on comments and suggestions.
- MA Degree or higher in public administration, business administration, public finance, or other relevant areas
- Over 10 years of experience working on the issues of corporate governance
- Knowledge of the international corporate governance best practices and standards including the OECD Guidelines on Corporate Governance of State-Owned Enterprises
- Experience conducting assessments and consulting companies on corporate governance
- Knowledge and experience working on the issues of corporate governance of SOEs is strongly preferred
- Experience working in Ukraine or similar countries is strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills and ability to meet deadlines (time management, reporting, negotiations skills)
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English required
*Deadline for applying for this position – January 11, 2021, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com