UCP Wheels for Humanity (UCPW) is seeking candidates for a ReLAB-HS Ukraine Finance and Administration Coordinator for a new five-year, USAID-funded project, Learning, Acting and Building for Rehabilitation in Healthy Systems (ReLAB-HS). The ReLAB-HS Ukraine Finance and Administration Coordinator will provide financial and administrative oversight for project activities in Ukraine. Only candidates with work authorization in Ukraine will be considered; relocation benefits will not be provided.
ReLAB-HS aims to support development of health systems that are responsive to the escalating challenge of addressing the growing needs for rehabilitation within populations. It seeks to co-design and implement innovative, comprehensive, cost-effective interventions that strengthen health systems for provision of rehabilitation including assistive technology. ReLAB-HS will focus on integrating rehabilitation and assistive technology services across all levels of care within health systems. The ReLAB-HS consortium comprises of six international partners with expertise in health systems, implementation science, and delivery innovations.
About UCP Wheels for Humanity:
Founded in 1996, UCP Wheels for Humanity increases access to mobility and improves quality of life for children and adults with physical disabilities in less-resourced countries. UCP Wheels makes strategic investments in communities by leveraging existing capacities and empowering local stakeholders. Based on the needs of each region in which we work, we offer one or more of our direct-service or capacity-building programs. For more information, visit www.ucpwheels.org
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the ReLAB-HS Ukraine Project Manager, the ReLAB-HS Ukraine Finance and Administration Coordinator will be responsible for performing the following primary tasks:
- Responsible for all aspects of financial and administrative management and accounting
- Ensure compliance and consistency with UCPW policies and procedures, as well as USAID and Government of Ukraine rules and regulations.
- Record and account for transactions in QuickBooks, ensuring accuracy and completeness of required supporting documentation
- Process disbursements in accordance with UCPW financial management policies and established approval levels
- Perform month-end closing and year-end duties such as bank reconciliations, VAT reimbursements, inventory tracking and report, etc.
- Monitor expenditure levels and allocation of expenses to ReLAB, providing monthly expenditure reports to UCPW headquarters (HQ)
- Ensure effective cash flows, prepare forecast of expenditures, and submit monthly cash requests to UCPW HQ
- Track grant reporting deadlines and prepare country-level inputs for quarterly financial reporting to USAID
- Contribute to regular expenditure forecasts for budget monitoring purposes
- Prepare and submit required tax and other reports for state authorities in a timely manner and in compliance with local government laws.
- Manage and maintain accounting and finance records in accordance with USAID regulations and UCPW policies and procedures
- Prepare project inventory and VAT reports for UCPW Ukraine field office expenses
- Process expense reimbursements and advances according to UCPW guidelines
- Ensure sound cash management of local bank account(s) and maintain petty cash fund according to UCPW guidelines.
- Administer and reconcile field office petty cash according to UCPW guidelines
- Provide assistance, including preparation of documents, for any internal and/or external audits during the life of the project
- Oversee administration of human resources, including but not limited to, maintaining personnel files and assisting with recruitment and orientation.
- Supervise and manage logistics staff
- Oversee procurement of office and project equipment and supplies according to UCPW procurement guidelines
- Support and oversee awareness measures for prevention of fraud, bribery and corruption; report any suspected misconduct to UCPW HQ and assist with periodic risk assessments and trainings.
- Ensure organizational and project registration requirements are kept current at all times
Minimum Qualifications (mandatory):
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance, administration, accounting or related area
- At least five years of experience managing finance and administration on large international donor-funded projects, including experience on USAID-funded projects
- Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Quickbooks
- Familiarity with USG cost accounting standards and USAID regulations and procedures for financial management and procurement
- Experience supervising finance and administrative staff
- Experience in logistics, procurement, and administrative office support
- Ability to manage deadlines and priorities and problem solve with international team
- Strong management skills and excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong verbal and written proficiency in English
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume in English to email@example.com no later than December 31, 2020. Please include “Application for ReLAB Ukraine Finance Admin Coordinator: YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
UCP Wheels is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. UCP Wheels encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.