Analytics and Research Consultant
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position**
SACCI seeks a consultant able to assist with analytical work and desk research efforts of SACCI. The Consultant will be responsible for monitoring news in media to identify and analyze anti-corruption related pieces and drafting analytical papers. This is the STTA position with the expected level of effort is up to 200 expert days.
- Support in drafting of policy documents including the analysis of applicable legislation and development of policy recommendations for SACCI’s counterparts in the government and non-governmental sector, including NACP;
- Conduct desk research to inform the drafting and finalizing of the quarterly SACCI Political-Economy Analysis (PEA) ;
- Monitor news, conduct quick research and provide bullet points on the key developments in the anti-corruption sector to inform SACCI management and foster information sharing within the donor community;
- Develop program memos, information briefs, advisory notes, and position papers on issues of anti-corruption policy development and implementation;
- Participate in working meetings with partners and in negotiations with producing meeting notes;
- Support SACCI research initiatives, including substantive research and sociological surveys conducted and supported by SACCI;
- Ensure coordination with SACCI beneficiaries, recipients, and partners on the issues related to joint activities related to research and surveying activities;
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA Degree or higher is required in communications, journalism, public administration, or other relevant fields;
- Demonstrated experience in or with government communications or comparable position in the private or civic sector;
- Over 1 year of experience with international donor projects dealing with youth engagement at the national level and knowledge of Ukrainian public service;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines (time-management, reporting, negotiations skills);
- Fluency in Ukrainian, at least intermediate-level English language knowledge required.
*Deadline for applying for this position – December 22, 2020, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com