Internship Program Coordinator for NACP (STTA)
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position**
SACCI provides support to the key national corruption prevention institution - National Agency for Corruption Prevention (NACP), including strengthening its institutional capacity. The Consultant will support SACCI in development and launch of NACP internship programs. Through its internship programs NACP aims to engage proactive talented youth in capacity of prospective NACP members and increase the number of people with solid practical knowledge in anti-corruption. The Coordinator will be responsible for development of internship programs including long-term and short-term internships, online and offline modes as well as for organization, monitoring, and evaluation of the internship programs. The Coordinator will also coordinate NACP cooperation with Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, Ukrainian Leadership Academy, Association of Legal Clinics in Ukraine, open University of Reforms and others, etc. Expected level of effort is up to 240 expert days.
- Conduct analysis of legislation that regulates the sphere of internships in government entities
- Conduct NACP departments’ needs assessment in support by interns
- Draft a concept of the NACP internship program that includes:
- approach to development and implementation of the long-term internship/short dive-in programs
- approach to development and implementation of the online /offline formats
- identified types of internships which are possible and feasible for the Agency
- content and approach to implementation of the orientation program for the newcomers
- findings of the NACP’s departments needs assessment
- description of the universal orientation program for newcomers
- description of the Monitoring & Evaluation approach and system
- Draft program for each type and format of the internships
- Draft the newcomers’ orientation program and supporting materials
- Draft NAPC internal regulations on the developed internship programs incorporation and implementation
- Coordinate and pilot implementation of the NACP internship programs that includes:
- communication with all stakeholders on a daily basis: NACP departments, partners, interns, etc.
- orientation for the newcomers
- ensuring feedback from the interns and the NACP personnel
- measurement and evaluation of results, updating the concept, internship programs content and materials.
- Perform other tasks related to development, incorporation and implementation of the internship programs at NACP under request from the NACP supervisor upon approval by SACCI Project program manager
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with two additional years of relevant work experience is accepted in lieu of Master’s degree;
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in provision of consultancy services in management;
- Hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects in the Governance sector, youth and civic engagement;
- Excellent management and organizational skills;
- Excellent planning, reporting and multitask management skills;
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to perform and delivery quality results under pressure and within strict deadlines;
- High level of computer literacy, skills in application of the Microsoft Office software packages, experience in handling web-based management systems;
- Experience of cooperation with International Technical Assistance Projects and international donors is an asset;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, at least intermediate-level English language knowledge required
*Deadline for applying for this position – December 15, 2020, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI[email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.