The TB Europe Coalition (TBEC) is looking for experienced part-time (50% FTE) Finance Manager to join its international team. TBEC Finance Managers will ensure financial management support, designing book-keeping/financial policies and systems, reporting, tax declarations etc. for non-profit organizations for the implementation of TBEC’s activities in the field of financial management.
Established in 2009, TBEC is a regional advocacy network of civil society organisations and individuals from across the WHO Europe region, comprising Western and Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia. The network aims to strengthen the role of civil society within the regional response to TB, and ensure political and financial commitments to end TB. Currently TBEC has more than 200 members from more than 30 countries in the region. In 2017, TBEC was registered as a legal entity in the Netherlands to step up its advocacy, capacity building and support to country-led TB advocacy initiatives. The TBEC Secretariat is responsible for the coordination, communication, administration, programmatic and policy management of the network.
Finance Manager is expected to contribute to the further integration of TBEC and its growth into a well-established, accountable and representative organisation. Finance Managers will work under the supervision of the TBEC Executive Director.
Within this framework, the Finance Managers will:
- Contribute to the development of TBEC financial systems and guidelines to support its growth into a well-established, accountable and representative organization.
- Ensure sound management and book-keeping of TBEC’s accounts and finances.
- Ensure financial management of TBEC grants, including running costs and financial reports to donors
- Ensure ongoing book-keeping and correct and timely input of budget data into accounting system.
- Manage the budgets, forecasts and budget revision processes, including analysis of possible savings and reallocation, according to reporting plan and donors’ requirements.
- Ensure meeting audit requirements when needed, as per grants’ implementation.
- Ensure payments according to the TBEC contractual obligations, including coordination of the monthly payments for TBEC Consultants.
- Prepare financial reports as required by project agreements and TBEC activities.
- Ensure communication & negotiations with donors on any issues related to reporting and budgets.
- Ensure communication with the Bank, hosting TBEC accounts on the financial management related issues.
- Prepare budgeting policies, internal financial procedures and ensure that TBEC financial operations meet donors’ requirements and Statute documents.
- Prepare the budgets for new programs and initiatives.
- Prepare annual budget report to be submitted to Dutch authorities and signed by Board members.
- Provide organizational support to find sustainable finances for TBEC.
- Relevant education background: Finance or Economics;
- 3+ years of relevant working experience; experience in international organization is preferable;
- Practical experience in preparing budgets and forecasts is a must.
- High level of computer literacy. Excellent knowledge of Excel is a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Russian are essential;
- Self-motivated, ability to multi-task, able to work independently and take responsibility and initiative;
- Understanding of NGO philosophy and methods of work;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Commitment to the values, vision and mission of TBEC
Contract: we offer a consultancy contract until 31 December 2021(renewable, subject to available funding).
Remuneration is competitive, and will be based on the candidate’s profile and experience.
Consultant will be liable for payment of taxes, should such taxes be withheld as a result of payment under consultancy contract.
Remuneration will be paid in US Dollars, so consultant shall have a USD bank account.
Location: WHO Europe region, preferably in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Starting date: January 2021
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to [email protected] and [email protected] in CC with the subject line: “Finance Manager *your name**” you are applying for by18 December, 2020 6pm CET.
Your cover letter should highlight how your skills and experience are well-suited to the requirements of these positions and why you specifically want to work for TBEC.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted by 22 December, 2020.
Interviews with short-listed candidates will be conducted on-line via Zoom by 25 December, 2020.