The TB Europe Coalition (TBEC) is looking for experienced part-time (50% FTE) Program Manager to join its international team. TBEC Program Manager will support tuberculosis (TB) affected communities and civil society to be meaningfully engaged in the TB response and transition to people-centered care in the WHO Europe region, with a particular focus on the countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA).
Established in 2009, TBEC is a regional advocacy network of civil society organisations and individuals from across the WHO Europe region, comprising Western and Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia. The network aims to strengthen the role of civil society within the regional response to TB, and ensure political and financial commitments to end TB. Currently TBEC has more than 200 members from more than 30 countries in the region. In 2017, TBEC was registered as a legal entity in the Netherlands to step up its advocacy, capacity building and support to country-led TB advocacy initiatives. The TBEC Secretariat is responsible for the coordination, communication, administration, programmatic and policy management of the network.
The Program Manager’s main responsibility will be to carry out activities under ongoing TBEC projects. Program Manager is expected to contribute to the further integration of TBEC and its growth into a well-established, accountable and representative organisation. Program Manager will work under the supervision of the TBEC Executive Director.
Within this framework, the Program Manager will:
- Develop and deliver TBEC’s yearly regional advocacy & policy strategy;
- Reinforce TBEC’s activities in the WHO Europe region providing guidance, mentorship and technical support to TBEC members, including online channels;
- Provide regular coordination with partners of TBEC projects and regional civil society and community networks to ensure synergies;
- Coordinate the work of local and international consultants within TBEC projects;
- Coordinate sub-granting activities;
- Organize webinars, regional workshops for TB civil society and communities, including key and vulnerable populations, and national dialogues on transition to people-centered TB care as well as coaching visits in projects’ countries, including online;
- Coordinate the development of regional policy documents on civil society involvement in TB response, informational materials and technical guides;
- Assist in the development of national advocacy plans for civil society organisations’ involvement in service delivery and national roadmaps on cooperation between National TB programs, health providers and civil society with the support of local consultants;
- Coordinate the development of online course and guidelines with the support of international and local consultants;
- Facilitate regular dialogue between UN agencies, technical regional partners, donors, TB civil society, communities and key populations of the regions in different fora on TBEC’s key advocacy priorities, including multisectoral accountability processes on delivering the commitments of political declaration resulted from the UN GA High-level meeting on TB (2018);
- Coordinate the development of operational guidelines and in-country baseline assessments in line with MAF-TB checklist in countries of WHO/Euro region and support civil society national activities in the accountability processes:
- Coordinate the informational campaign with the focus on countries of the EECA region;
- Implement monitoring, evaluation and reporting duties specific to this projects;
- Carry out other activities foreseen in the projects.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in program management;
- Proven experience in program management at the regional level will be an asset;
- Proficient knowledge of English and Russian;
- Understanding of the policy context of the EECA region, particularly on transition to people-centered models of TB care; communities, rights and gender; and multisectoral accountability processes;
- Proven experience in policy analysis, writing of policy papers and informational materials;
- Understanding of the functions of health and social service providers at national and local levels, the functions and roles of civil society organizations, legislative context for service provision;
- Proven experience in the development of programs, methodological recommendations on evidence-based service delivery, piloting service delivery programs, preferably in the area of TB;
- Proven experience in organization and facilitation of regional events, webinars, etc;
- Proven experience in working with and coordinating teams of local and international consultants;
- Understanding of mechanism of grant and sub-grant management;
- Proven experience in coordinating regional networks, preferably civil society networks, provision of guidance, mentorship and technical support;
- Preferable experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting;
- Self-motivated, ability to multi-task, able to work independently and take responsibility and initiative;
- Understanding of NGO philosophy and methods of work;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Commitment to the values, vision and mission of TBEC
Contract: we offer a consultancy contract until 31 December 2021(renewable, subject to available funding).
Remuneration is competitive, and will be based on the candidate’s profile and experience.
Consultant will be liable for payment of taxes, should such taxes be withheld as a result of payment under consultancy contract.
Remuneration will be paid in US Dollars, so consultant shall have a USD bank account.
Location: WHO Europe region, preferably in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Starting date: January 2021
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to [email protected] and [email protected] in CC with the subject line: “Program Manager *your name*” you are applying for by18 December, 2020 6pm CET.
Your cover letter should highlight how your skills and experience are well-suited to the requirements of these positions and why you specifically want to work for TBEC.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted by 22 December, 2020.
Interviews with short-listed candidates will be conducted on-line via Zoom by 25 December, 2020.