USAID Energy SecurityProject
Translation and Interpretation Specialist
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), implemented by Tetra Tech, a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. is looking for a dynamic and outstanding translation and interpretation specialist to be embedded within the staff of the Ministry of Energy. The role is primarily to provide translation and interpretation support as part of the communications team of the Ministry of Energy. The specialist will remain an employee of Tetra Tech but will be assigned to support the Ministry of Energy on a full-time basis. The location of the position will be at the Ministry of Energy. The specialist will help to develop and implement effective communication strategies at the national, regional and local levels.
This position is for an initial period of 6 months, with the possibility of extension. The specialist will report to the ESP and will be seconded to the Ministry of Energy.
- Provide translation and interpretation support to the Ministry of Energy in support of the efforts to advance the ministry’s communications and public outreach. This will include both written translation and verbal interpretation, including in the Ukrainian, Russian and English languages.
- Education in languages, communications or a related field;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience supporting translation and interpretation;
- Interest in key public policy issues including energy sector reform;
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent and self-starter;
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English required, both written and spoken.
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to UESPjobs@tetratech.com
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. The ESP is not obligated to fill this position.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/.