USAID Energy SecurityProject
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), implemented by Tetra Tech, a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The USAID ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. The USAID ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, the ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. is looking for a dynamic and outstanding Communication Specialist to provide support to the communications team at the Ministry of Energy of Ukraine. The Communication Specialist will help the Ministry to implement effective communication strategies at the national, regional and local levels.
This is a short-term consultancy position for the period of 6 months, with the possibility of extension. The Communication Specialist will report to ESP and will be seconded to the Ministry of Energy. The Communication Specialist will perform his/her duties at the Ministry of Energy and will be provided office space within the Ministry.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Ministry’s Communication Strategy;
- Assist with the planning, budgeting, organizing and implementing of national and regional information campaigns;
- Assist the Ministry of Energy with raising public awareness about the functions, accomplishments and reforms initiated and implemented by the Ministry in the energy sector;
- Assist in development and timely delivery of key messages about energy sector reform and the Ministry’s accomplishments, through established communications channels of the Ministry and state enterprises of Ukraine’s energy sector;
- Assist with developing and maintaining effective dialogue among the Ministry, the public and media;
- Ensure timely updates are made to the Ministry’s website and social media accounts;
- Assist in writing, production, and/or editing of Ministry’s materials including reports, fact sheets, infographics, presentations, and success stories related to Ministry activities and accomplishments.
- Education in communications or a related field;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in strategic communications;
- Experience in the development and implementation of communication strategies within a public institution;
- Experience in planning, budgeting, organizing, and implementing national and regional information campaigns;
- Experience in government communications;
- Interest in public policy issues including energy sector reform;
- Social Media Launch and Management experience;
- Experience in developing communication materials using computer graphic applications;
- Experience with USAID-funded or other international organization projects;
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent and a self-starter;
- Strong communications skills – both oral and written;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English required.
To apply, please submit a CV in English and a cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to UESPjobs@tetratech.com
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To find more about the USAID Energy Security Project (ESP), follow our website https://energysecurityua.org and Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/