USAID Energy SecurityProject
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), implemented by Tetra Tech, a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. is looking for a dynamic and outstanding Technical Writer to provide support to the communications team at the Ministry of Energy. The Technical Writer will help to develop and implement effective communication strategies at the national, regional and local levels.
This is a short-term consultancy position for the period of 6 months, with the possibility of extension. The Technical Writer will report to ESP and will be seconded to the Ministry of Energy. The Technical Writer will perform their duties at the Ministry of Energy and will be provided office space within the Ministry.
- Help promote Ministry accomplishments, through communications channels and products to increase the accessibility and utilization of Ministry information;
- Support development of and updates to the Ministry website and social media presence (Facebook, YouTube, etc.);
- Develop content for the Ministry related to energy reform;
- Participate in writing, production, or editing of Ministry materials including reports, fact sheets, PowerPoint presentations, and success stories related to Ministry activities and accomplishments.
- University degree in a relevant field;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the field;
- Interest in key public policy issues including energy sector reform;
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent and self-starter;
- Strong communications skills – both oral and written;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English required.
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to UESPjobs@tetratech.com
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. The ESP is not obligated to fill this position.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/.