USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity, implemented by DAI Global LLC is looking for Communications Consultant
- Activity Background:
The purpose of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity is to strengthen the resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks by establishing trusted collaboration between key cybersecurity stakeholders in the government, private sector, academia, and civil society. The activity aims to achieve this goal by implementing the following activity components:
Component 1: Strengthen the cybersecurity enabling environment
The legal, regulatory, and institutional framework for national cybersecurity in Ukraine needs to be strengthened and aligned with international standards and best practices. This component will strengthen the cybersecurity resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure sectors by addressing legislative gaps, promoting good governance, enabling collaboration between stakeholders, and supporting cybersecurity institutions. This component will also build the technical capacity of key sectors through increased access to cybersecurity technology and equipment.
Component 2: Develop Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce
Ukraine suffers from a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This component of the USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity will address workforce gaps through activities that develop new cybersecurity talent and build the capacity of existing talent. These activities will address the entire workforce pipeline, the quality of education received by cybersecurity specialists, and industry training programs to rapidly upskill Ukraine’s workforce to respond to immediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Component 3: Build a resilient cybersecurity industry
A growing cybersecurity industry in Ukraine will contribute directly to national security and prosperity. This component will seek to build trust and collaboration between the public and private sector to develop innovative solutions for future cybersecurity challenges; spur investment and growth in the broader cybersecurity market in Ukraine through greater access to financing; support smaller cybersecurity companies to rapidly increase the number of local cybersecurity service providers; and offer mechanisms for Ukrainian firms to connect with industry partners to enable better access to innovations and business opportunities.
2. The Context:
The State Service for Special Communications and Information Protection (SSSCIP) is a specialized central executive body, which performs activities as national defense and security sector entity, but also possesses civilian regulatory authority in the field of electronic communications, protection of information and critical information infrastructure cybersecurity.
SSSCIP is a key cyber protection agency of Ukraine, responsible for coordination of cyber protection/defense actions by other entities at national level. Based on the assessment, the Activity has identified gaps and needs in communication, coordination and engagement mechanisms available to SSSCIP for responding to cyber threats, pursuing priority reforms, and developing coordinated and effective communications.
The Activity seeks to build the capacity of the SSSCIP to developing coordinated and effective communications by providing the assistance of the short-term technical consultant responsible for the planning, creation and management of communications in accordance with the SSSCIP reform needs.
The Communications Consultant will serve in a dedicated (embedded) capacity to SSSCIP, while working under the oversight of the Enabling Environment Lead and COP in close coordination with the Implementing Partners.
- Creates a strategic communication plan and communication plans for current and existing projects, launching new campaigns, and informing about the rebranding of the SSSCIP,
- Supports the communication needs of the Advisory/Expert Council on Information and Cybersecurity (rada.cip.gov.ua);
- Analyzes news, research in areas related to the activities of the SSSCIP and provides recommendations in terms of using opportunities
- Manages the creation and distribution of content through existing and critical communication channels for all stakeholder groups
- Tracks reputational threats, developing strategies to respond to them, as well as looking for new opportunities to strengthen the reputation and capacities of SSSCIP
- Collaborates with the team and external agencies to create communication content, which may include video content, visualizations, infographics, etc.
- Communicates with media, design content, media plans, and train SSSCIP’s leadership for public presentations
- Coordinated with relevant groups and experts on content for communication platforms, including websites, social media, brochures, newsletters, reports, press releases, presentations, and advises on communication issues
4. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor or higher educational level degrees in Communication Studies, Management, International Relations/Communications or other relevant fields
- Excellent communication skills and ability to cooperate
- Software skills: Analytics, Social Media, Microsoft Office, Spreadsheets, Email Communication
- Minimum 5 (five) years professional experience in communications, public relations, corporate and brand reputation management
- Experience with international projects, preferably with the GOUs stakeholders
- Excellent written and spoken English and Ukrainian language skills required.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to UkraineCCI_Recruitment@dai.com. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.