Офіс ООН з координації гуманітарних справ OCHA Ukraine оголошує конкурс на посаду спеціаліста з питань координації та моніторингу в Краматорську та Донецьку (2 посади). Дедлайн – 01 грудня 2020 р. (далі - англ.).
Field Coordination/Monitoring Officer (UN OCHA)
Location: 2 positions in Kramatorsk and Donetsk
Application Deadline: 01/12/2020(Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract: FTA local
Post Level: NO-A
Expected Duration of Assignment: 1 Year with possibility for extension
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in Ukraine is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. In Ukraine, OCHA is responsible for coordinating humanitarian response to expand the reach of humanitarian action, improve prioritization and reduce duplication, in order to ensure humanitarian assistance and protection reach the people who need it most. OCHA Ukraine manages a country-based pooled fund (CBPF), known as the Ukraine Humanitarian Fund (UHF), under the leadership of the Humanitarian Coordinator, to support coordinated humanitarian action in line with the Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP), to respond to critical humanitarian needs and address strategic priorities.
Under the supervision of the Humanitarian Affairs Officer / Head of Sub-Office in the respective sub-office location, the Field Coordination / Monitoring Officer (FC/MO) will develop and enhance strategic partnerships with and coordination among UN Agencies, local and international NGOs, local and national government authorities, and other relevant actors. The FC/MO will support the operational priorities of the assigned sub-office, including enhancing the coherence between humanitarian and development programmes in Government-controlled areas, and supporting the improvement access of humanitarian access in areas outside of Government control. The FC/MO will provide support to the UHF management unit to identify underfunded strategic response priorities and monitor the implementation of UHF-funded activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Provide technical expertise to support humanitarian field coordination in the assigned region(s).
- Deliver technical and advisory support services for OCHA and humanitarian partners in the areas of humanitarian assessments and response, emergency preparedness, pooled funds, humanitarian access, monitoring and evaluation, advocacy and/or the humanitarian/development nexus.
- Provide support to partners on pooled funds and support OCHA Ukraine with the monitoring of projects funded by the UHF.
Provide technical expertise to support humanitarian field coordination in the assigned region(s) by:
- Supporting overall field office coordination on the ground, including proper planning and organization of general coordination meetings, communication and advocacy with relevant stakeholders;
- Preparing qualitative/quantitative situation reports and well as ad-hoc technical advisory reports, supporting compilation and/or dissemination of internal daily, weekly and monthly reporting;
- Ensuring proper monitoring of the humanitarian and, when applicable, security situation in the assigned region(s); providing analytical assessment of developments in the assigned region(s); conducting verification of information and reporting of incidents via established procedures and channels;
- Developing partnerships and maintaining close liaison with UN Agencies, national and international NGOs, humanitarian partners, national and local authorities, and other relevant actors, to ensure coordination and constant flow and dissemination of relevant humanitarian information on humanitarian-related issues and operations of humanitarian partners.
Deliver technical and advisory support services for OCHA and humanitarian partners in the areas of humanitarian assessments and response, emergency preparedness, pooled funds, humanitarian access, monitoring and evaluation, advocacy and/or the humanitarian/development nexus.
- Compilation, analysis and reporting of relevant humanitarian, social, economic and political information related to humanitarian needs and ongoing response efforts;
- Identifying and facilitating initiatives among partners in relation to long and medium-term planning, transition, and capacity building;
- Identifying and develop opportunities for successful networking and partnership-building with the national and regional authorities, other relevant actors, UN, and NNGOs/INGOs on the ground;
- Developing coordination and advocacy tools and materials to support coordination efforts, including through the contribution of material for case studies and information management products;
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on external developments related to coordination, and identify best practices relevant for Ukraine implementation. Facilitating advocacy in long-term planning within UN system in Ukraine as well as national plans; raising awareness amongst different stakeholders (included but not limited to NGOs, UN, Government of Ukraine, and other relevant actors) on the technical tools, services and mechanisms for coordination, emergency response and preparedness
Provide support to partners on pooled funds and support OCHA Ukraine with the monitoring of projects funded by the UHF by:
- Ensuring overall liaison and coordination of UHF projects and partners at the field level, including advisory services, monitoring, spot-checks, and general support;
- Providing substantive information input for the preparation of project submissions, allocation strategies, Advisory Board reviews, and project extensions, in close collaboration with the UHF Management Unit;
- Ensuring proper monitoring of project implementation and when applicable conducting verification of metrics of success;
Performing any other duties assigned by the Humanitarian Affairs Officer / Head of Sub-Office and/or senior management in OCHA Ukraine.
Impact of Results:
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the coordination effort in the respective field office location and OCHA/UHF operations in Ukraine. Key results have an impact on success of communication, advocacy and collaboration with relevant stakeholders in the region by the means of efficient coordination, resource mobilization and information sharing. Accurate analysis and presentation of information, thoroughly researched and fully documented work strengthens the capacity of the office and facilitates subsequent action by the supervisor. Incumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work and timely finalization.
- Professionalism: applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position; possesses knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks; strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning; demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments;
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings; Demonstrating integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Leadership: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; drives for change and improvements;
- Client Orientation: Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Building Strategic Partnerships: Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues; analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders; is able to identify and communicate efficiently relevant advocacy information to all the stakeholders involved;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness: exercises ability to provide analytical inputs to strategic planning, results-based management and reporting; develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in political or social science, law, international relations, public administration or related field. Bachelor’s degree with two additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Up to two years of relevant professional experience in coordination, administrative management, monitoring and evaluation, humanitarian affairs or related field;
- Sound knowledge and familiarity with the humanitarian and overall social, legal, security and economic context in the assigned region would be an asset;
- Relevant field experience in the region is desirable;
- Analytical and reporting experience is required;
- Familiarity with the UN system and knowledge of UN system Administration/Operations rules and procedures is an asset;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian project is an asset;
- Computer literacy (Excel, Internet, Word, web-based management systems).
- Fluent written and spoken English, Ukrainian and Russian.
Important applicant information
All posts in the NO categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 01/12/2020
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDPwebsite, section jobs and apply online. More information and application details: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=33780&HRS_JO_PST_SEQ=1&hrs_site_id=2