Deloitte is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a short-term Junior Health Data Analyst (multiple positions are opened) in support of the USAID/ Ukaid Health Reform Support (HRS).
Period of Performance: January 11, 2021 – June 30, 2021
Level of Effort: Full-time equivalent
1. Project Background and Summary:
The purpose of USAID Health Reform Support is to support a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. Advancing health sector reforms, enhancing transparency, and tackling corruption will reduce out-of-pocket payments and improve access and availability of high quality, evidence-based health care services for Ukrainians. Elimination of corruption is a cross-cutting theme across all objectives to be achieved by this activity, which include:
- Improve health sector governance.
- Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model.
- Strengthen the health workforce.
- Enhance transparency, accountability and responsiveness of the health care system.
- Improve service delivery system at all levels.
According to the CMU Resolution “On some questions concerning the development of hospital districts” No. 1074, dated 27th of November, each Hospital District Council has to develop a 3-5-years hospital district development plan. Considering the absence of national guidelines, insufficient capacity of hospital district council members in healthcare strategic planning, it is critical to support Hospital District Councils with methodological guidelines in hospital network planning as a base for the development of hospital district development plans (HDDP). In previous project year, HRS supported Zhytomyr Hospital District Council in the development of methodology for hospital network modelling and drafted the HDDP. This share of experience and technical assistance is in high demand among other regions in the development of their regional plans. The support will include the ongoing guidance in modelling, data analysis and its interpretation, and HDDP development.
In the close cooperation with Senior Analyst, Junior Health Data Analyst is supposed to support in the planning the specialized healthcare service delivery model and modeling of the hospital network at the regional level.
- Prepare the comparative (benchmark) analysis of key hospital utilization indicators for hospital service lines by using previously approved and automized Excel-based instrument for the selected regions
- Work in close collaboration with Senior Analyst and provide support in data exploring, verification, data analysis and interpretation of current specialized healthcare delivery model at the regional level with further support in the modeling of hospital network for the selected hospital districts
- Prepare consolidated presentation with the aggregated results of benchmark analysis, modeling, mapping, and recommendations based on the previously approved template for selected regions
- Participate in regular meetings on the modeling verification with HDDP-team and regions if needed
- Support Senior Analyst and HDDP team in the finalizing hospital district network models including the preparation of booklet on summary results for selected regions
- Support the team and Senior Analyst in preparing other materials related to sharing the Hospital District network modelling results
- Effectively cooperate with cross-cutting consultants to deliver the high-quality product in time
- Communicate with the regional representatives on data verification and data clarification if needed
- Perform other tasks related to HDDP activity if needed.
4. Qualification requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics or other similar field; Master’s degree will be an asset
- At least one (1) year of experience in data collection, analysis, and interpretation with the demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Understanding the basic statistics and hospital data, including hospital services utilization indicators
- Understanding Ukrainian health care system and the concept of health care reform in Ukraine will be an asset
- Previous proven experience working with epidemiological, clinical, and demographic data will be an asset
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.); skills of using statistical packages for data analysis and data visualization will be an asset
- Excellent writing and communication skills in Ukrainian; English knowledge will be an asset
- Ability to work independently and in teamwork, meet deadlines, attention to details, and prioritize competing responsibilities
- Ability to be employed as an Individual Entrepreneur (single tax payer, 3rd category).
Qualified candidates are expected to send their CVs, cover letters, and two professional letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 29, 2020. Please indicate the region in the subject field of the email: “Junior Health Data Analyst”. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.