UNDP in Ukraine is looking for a National Consultant to provide expert assistance and coaching on PR management in selected MSME Business Membership Organizations under Strengthening MSME Business Membership Organizations in Ukraine Project.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES / SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Consultant will closely work with 27 partner BMOs and perform the below activities focusing on the achievement of the following objectives:
- Review the documents provided by UNDP to obtain a better understanding of the project goals, context, and profiles of the targeted BMOs in Ukraine, as well as any available assessments to tailor the consultancy to BMO priorities;
- Develop a work plan covering main activities and key stages of the assignment implementation;
- Conduct an assessment of current communication and PR tools used by 27 partner BMOs (i.e. website information, social media profiles, representation at different platforms, other ways of communication) and prepare a brief report about the results of the assessment;
- Ensure preparation of the programs of 3 webinars addressing the following topics and/or other topics suggested by the Consultant to achieve the goals of the assignment:
- Review of PR and communication strategy and tools for non-governmental organizations and BMOs (how to define the target audience and its needs, how to choose the channels for communication, how to organize the advertising, how to issue a profile of the organization in social media and on a website);
- Maintaining social media accounts for business associations and non-governmental organizations (how to choose an SMM platform; how to organize work with social media; how to create quality content; basics of storytelling; how to promote content for free; how to analyze the effectiveness of communication in Facebook, etc.);
- How to build effective communication with actual members and potential members/entrepreneurs (website, subscription and mailout, digests, etc.).
- Deliver 3 webinars (each should be 2 hours long), ensuring the recording of the webinar to enable the public distribution of training material online;
- Provide each of 27 partner BMOs with individual recommendations (including online coaching sessions with staff and/or leadership of BMOs) and support on the establishment and/or updating the profile of the organization in social media, improving communication and PR tools;
- Provide a generalized report to the Project, which, in addition to individual BMO recommendations, will contain recommendations for the project team on priority support for the implementation of certain communication and PR tools for all 27 partners in general and three groups separately:
- Industry BMO;
- Universal BMO.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
The Consultant should possess the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- At least Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Public Relations, Communications, Media Management, Marketing, Social Sciences, Journalism, Business Administration, Advocacy or other relevant area.
- At least 7 years of working experience in PR management, SMM, communications and\or providing PR advisory services, including for non-governmental organizations;
- At least 5 years of work experience in developing and implementing PR strategies, media/communications plans, visibility and awareness raising campaigns, writing and/or editing communication and awareness raising materials, articles, press releases, newsletters, blog entries, human and success stories, interviews and other communication products, including for non-governmental organizations (at least 3 different samples to be provided);
- Portfolio of successful PR campaigns, profiles in social media, websites (content) for non-governmental organizations (proven by at least 3 different samples);
- Previous working experience with UN funded programmes or other international organizations will be an advantage.
- Previous working experience with BMOs, sound understanding of their services and PR/communication needs would be a strong asset.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian is required; working knowledge of English will be an advantage.
To see more details and apply, please follow the link: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=95141