Digital development program assistant | Ukraine | 2020
Chemonics seeks a digital development program assistant for the ongoing USAID Transformation Communications Activity in Ukraine. The project aims to partner with the government of Ukraine (GOU), private sector, and civil society to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s democracy through innovative communications initiatives that engage Ukrainians in a conversation about the country’s democratic transformation and European integration. The objectives of the Activity are to equip USAID and its partners to conduct data-driven communications; increase the quality and quantity of strategic communications on reform dividends; and broaden the use of social impact content by Ukraine’s civic leaders and creative sector. The digital development program assistant will be responsible for conducting daily administrative and logistics operations that Support the TCA team in implementation of administrative and technical activities. The PA will also carry out online monitoring of the social media engagement and increase online traffic for TCA partner projects. This position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Proactively identify and conceptualize new potential media activities for online platforms that are appropriate to respond to the current Ukrainian political and social situation and TCA’s established program goals and objectives
- Monitoring and providing overview of the digital content conducted by partners
- Ensure coordination of TCA partners in developing effective targeted marketing campaigns for TCA-supported content
- Support the technical team in planning and implementation of trainings, workshops, and dialogues, and the development of associated materials for program activities
- Support technical team members in logistics associated with activities, including site selection, travel plans, accommodations
- Provide support to counterpart attendees at program activities, such as trainings or conferences, to ensure efficient participation at program activities
- Provide support to technical teams in the development of training or resource materials
- Monitor ongoing activities, which may include, social media monitoring, attending. activity events, gathering information requested by TCA staff, writing updates and brief analytical reports on the activity impact and progress using web analytical tools, attend coordination meetings for project development and implementation
- Ensure clarity and accuracy of written internal and external correspondence in English, Ukrainian, and Russian as required
- Provide high quality translation of correspondence, reports, and communication materials, including fact sheets, press releases, success stories, leaflets, and brochures
- Assist the technical team in data collection and analysis as assigned
- University degree in relevant field required
- Minimum of two years of experience working in communications or related field
- A thorough understanding of Facebook Ads and Google Ads
- Experience in planning and organizing complex events
- Excellent interpersonal skills in the context of interacting with Ukrainian and international colleagues, counterparts, business representatives or community members
- Demonstrated creative thinking, initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks
- Ability to work professionally and constructively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse environment
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Ukrainian, Russian, and English fluency, with excellent presentation skills and strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing in all languages
To apply, please submit your application via the following link no later than November 13, 2020. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/6116f86e2e7d442f96cc45447742b1d6. Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.