IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $80 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit www.irex.org.
Summary of America House Program:
Through the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, IREX administers the America House, a welcoming, dynamic space that fosters discussion and debate, provides opportunities for professional and personal skill building, and sparks creativity and collaboration around shared Ukrainian and U.S. values. The America House offers not only a physical space, but also a virtual hub, which facilitates access to balanced resources and information. Peer-to-peer cultural exchanges, discussions and learning at the America House provide visitors with a seat in “America’s living room.” For more detailed information about America House please visit www.americahousekyiv.org.
Summary of Position:
IREX’s America House Odesa Communications Coordinator will be part of IREX’s America House team and will be responsible for the launch, planning, developing, and implementing communication and public outreach strategies and programs for America House Odesa. The position is based in Odesa and will require extensive training in Kyiv and occasional travel within Ukraine.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Support the America House Director to develop and implement public outreach and communications strategies for America House Odesa;
- Manage America House Odesa presence on social networking sites including Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, Youtube and other similar community sites;
- Coordinate promotional activities, draft and implement creative content;
- In coordination with the America House Director, design and implement America House Odesa communication campaigns and communication materials;
- Interact with social media audiences and monitor conversations/comments;
- Coordinate media enquiries and monitor media coverage;
- Draft press releases, post-releases, and communication documents for outside media;
- Maintain the America House Odesa website;
- Translate communication materials into English and Ukrainian/Russian;
- Compile weekly newsletter and other mass e-mailings;
- Take photos during events;
- Design visuals for America House and partners programs;
- Cover America House reception desk responsibilities to meet and greet visitors with courtesy and professionalism. Respond and provide basic information to general inquiries, present America House Odesa resources, and register new members;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Strong intercultural and communications skills;
- Minimum 3 years of experience on similar positions;
- Experience managing social media presence for organizations or companies;
- Experience working with Photoshop, Illustrator, and other related graphic media applications software;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Strong command of spoken/written English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines;
- USG Alumni status and familiarity with the United States is a plus;
- Ability to travel;
Please send your cover letter and resume in English (ONLY) as an attachment in an email with “America House Odesa Communications Coordinator” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
Application Deadline: November 12th, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.