IREX оголошує конкурс на посаду Program Officer. Кінцевий строк подачі резюме - 23 жовтня 2020 р.
Position Title: Program Officer
Reports To: Program Manager
Position Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $90 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries.
Summary of Position:
IREX office in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Program Officer for its Cohesion Through Youth-Led Action (CYLA) program (www.irex.org). Program Officer will work closely with local project partners, trainers, NGO actors and other technical experts; attend and monitor training activities around Ukraine; hold responsibility for coordination of work of trainers, project representatives, vendors, etc.; and serve as a point of contact for training beneficiaries and stakeholders. The position is based in Kyiv with frequent travel throughout Ukraine.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical input into adaptation of existing curriculums and oversee the adaptation of interactive training techniques and Human Centered Design (HCD) to engage youth in constructive dialogue and developing solutions around issues of mutual concern;
- Oversee coordination of training events, including material design and printing, ensuring that objectives and targets are met on time and within budget;
- Contribute to promoting an Inclusive and Sustainable Development plan, basing on IREX approaches;
- Facilitate a training of trainers and conduct trainings with program beneficiaries on capacity building and social capital of young people, tension reduction and conflict-solving, leadership skills, and civic engagement and other related topics;
- Work closely with local partners on joint activities that aim to solve underlying tension, discrimination, or other obstacles to social cohesion;
- Oversee, monitor, and administer day to day management of training and curriculum development project activities;
- Track and analyze work-plan activity progress toward project objectives;
- Work closely with IREX monitoring & evaluation staff to track and analyze project indicator data, ensuring effective monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program activities;
- Stay up to date with monitoring the situation in Eastern Ukraine and how it affects staff and communities to ensure the safety of all participants;
- Drive innovation of resources created under the CYLA program;
- Interact regularly with opinion leaders, government officials, youth representatives, trainers, civil society and media groups, and other program stakeholders;
- Develop and maintain effective collaborations with program partners;
- Travel throughout Ukraine to attend program events and meetings (as possible according to IREX policy and the public health situation in Ukraine);
- Track a wide range of information and data, maintaining accuracy and completeness;
- Supply technical assistance in relevant areas of expertise;
- Represent IREX publicly and support its organizational development;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in international development, public administration, management, political science, communications and/or another relevant field is preferred;
- At least 3 years’ experience in civil-society programs and at least 2 years’ experience working in areas related to cohesion or inclusion;
- At least 3 years’ experience designing and/or conducting relevant training programs;
- Successful track record of designing, managing, and implementing donor-funded projects;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate dialogue and work constructively with a diverse range of actors and to accommodate divergent interests and agendas in a multi-cultural environment, focusing on vulnerable populations;
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage budgets and plan both strategically and creatively to meet project objectives;
- Proven leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of training programs is preferred;
- Excellent writing skills in Ukrainian, ability to develop educational materials and finalize expert materials according to a particular style and set of requirements;
- Excellent communications skills, including ability to make public presentations;
- Familiarity with education, political, economic, and social issues in Ukraine;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Strong command of spoken/written English, Ukrainian, and Russian;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines;
- Ability to frequently travel throughout Ukraine.
Please send your cover letter and resume and salary history to email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 pm on October 23, 2020.
Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.