Anti-Corruption Sectoral Working Group Coordinator for NACP (STTA) Kyiv, Ukraine Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine.
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position**
SACCI provides support to the key national corruption prevention institution - National Agency for Corruption Prevention (NACP), including strengthening its institutional capacity. The Consultant will support SACCI in provision of the assistance to NACP in leading coordination efforts of International Technical Assistance in combating corruption in Ukraine and in strengthening NACP institutional capacity in international relations with Development Partners (DPs). The overall objectives of this assignment are: (1) to strengthen capacity of NACP in establishing and managing relations with DPs and ITA projects; (2) to support the advance planning of NACP cooperation with International Technical Assistance (ITA) and proper resources allocation; (3) to ensure availability of the appropriate funding for reform initiatives needed for Anti-corruption Strategy and the State Program implementation (to plan, coordinate and monitor attraction and use of donor assistance); (4) to coordinate activities of the AC Sectoral Working Group on ITA on. The Coordinator will work with NACP and will lead its activities to ensure establishment and effective operation of AC SWG and TSWGs as well as ensuring coordination with DPs in this process. The Consultant will serve as NACP liaison and focal point for different governmental and international stakeholders. Expected level of effort is up to 120 days expert days.
- Plan, coordinate, facilitate, and supervise AC Sectoral Working Group meetings and activities.
- Serve as a liaison point between DPs projects, NACP and other agencies/ministries participating in SWG/TSWGs.
- Conduct NACP and DPs projects meetings, relevant events.
- Establish the framework for regular and effective communication and coordination between NACP, DPs and ITA projects working on AC issues and NACP Roadmap on donor coordination.
- Enhance communication with DP organizations and projects, embassies, and the other interested stakeholders to increase awareness of NACP activities, AC Strategy and the State program on its implementation (the State program).
- Set up the transparent information exchange among beneficiaries, DPs projects and organizations, embassies and the other interested stakeholders in AC sector.
- Assist in developing internal coordination mechanisms ensuring effective implementation of NACP mandate related to monitoring and facilitation of implementation of international obligations of Ukraine in anti-corruption field.
- Provide support to NACP in ensuring international donors support funding of NACP reform initiatives implementation (by proper planning, structuring of requests and communication with DPs).
- Support NACP in reviewing and approving all relevant projects descriptions, drafting comments to projects description, Concept notes, Work Plans, log frames, budgets, Memorandum of Understandings, other relevant documentation.
- Assist with coordination between anti-corruption reform plans and DPs strategies and programs ensuring integration of the AC key reform areas into DPs projects.
- Assist with gap analysis on NACP Action Plan in part of available state budget funding and committed DPs projects support.
- Aligning NACP annual workplans with relevant DPs projects workplans.
- Assist in timely and comprehensive reporting on NACP activities.
- Support with other tasks as assigned.
- Master’s or higher Degree in public administration, international relations, economics, finance or relevant field;
- Proven experience of successful project management in reform-driven environments (for the ministries, state authorities, CSO, technical assistance project etc.);
- In-depth understanding of the DPs organizations mandates and spheres, ITA projects lifecycle, pipeline and stages;
- Advanced computer literacy;
- Strong facilitation and communication (written and oral) skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Proven organizational/ project management skills;
- Good analytical and writing skills;
- Proactive, results-driven approach, track record of successfully working in reform-driven environment;
- Ability to work both in a team and autonomously with minimum supervision but within the respect of given constraints and guidelines;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, advanced English language knowledge required
*Deadline for applying for this position – October 22, 2020, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com