Pact Inc. seeks candidates to fill the position of Communication Officer for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine.
Pact is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to gender, race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, or marital status. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Supervisor: Senior Program Manager
Job type: Full time
Effective Date: ASAP
Duration: one year with possibility of the extension
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
About the ENGAGE activity
The purpose of ENGAGE is to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, regional and local level. ENGAGE focuses efforts at both the grassroots level to educate and activate citizens to engage in civic initiatives as well as the national and regional (oblast and rayon) levels to improve organizational capacities, build coalitions, support advocacy and watchdog initiatives. The ENGAGE activity primarily focuses on key democratic reforms and cross- cutting themes, such as: anti-corruption, decentralization, government transparency and accountability including electoral processes, inclusive development of persons with disabilities, internally displaced persons, lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, intersex and other vulnerable groups, youth and EU integration. To address citizen demands for anti-corruption reforms ENGAGE maintains anti-corruption focus in all its program components.
In coordination with the Senior Program Manager and Senior Communication Officer, the Communication Officer develops and implements the communication objectives and communication plans, illustrates both the mission and success of the ENGAGE activity by utilizing various marketing and branding techniques. S/He designs and distributes various internal and external Pact communication products.
- Follow communication objectives and communication plans;
- Produce a weekly newsletter in both English and Ukrainian;
- Produce a special newsletter in both English and Ukrainian;
- Promote the ENGAGE activity through social media;
- Contribute to ENGAGE weekly updates;
- Maintain ENGAGE website, develop text for ENGAGE promotion through the website;
- Ensure appropriate SEO of ENGAGE website;
- Ensure implementation of ENGAGE SMM strategy;
- Ensure effective cooperation with ENGAGE vendors;
- Ensure the proper branding of ENGAGE external/public documents;
- Ensure appropriate communication of ENGAGE partners;
- Contribute to communication with donor:
- Identify opportunities for media coverage around events and specific publications and work with colleagues to develop targeted communication strategies;
- Write press releases, speeches and articles; edit and organize publication of documents in both English and Ukrainian;
- Contribute to organization of outreach events;
- Contribute to development of ENGAGE analytical materials and researches.
- Strong interpersonal skills, an appetite for building relationships within civil society and maintaining relationships through networking;
- Minimum 3 years of experience on similar position;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English and Ukrainian;
- Research skills to communicate accurately and authoritatively;
- Experience in SMM and social media platforms; computer literacy on a variety of software applications;
- Advanced time-management and organizational skills;
- Experience with international donor-funded programs, particularly USAID-funded contracts;
- Demonstrated commitment to the goals of ENGAGE;
- Proactive, fast-thinker, and able to work with minimal supervision.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with “Communication Officer” in the subject line. Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. The position is open until filled. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.