Position Title: Subgrants and Procurement Manager
Grade Level: 3
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Division: Communities and Governance
Reports To: Director of Operations and Finance
Deadline: October 20, 2020
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
The Ukraine National Identity Through Youth (UNITY) program is a five-year activity funded by USAID and designed to foster vested ownership among Ukrainian youth in their country’s democratic, European future by further mobilizing youth leadership around a values-based conception of Ukrainian identity grounded in innovation, engagement, and pluralism.
IREX seeks a Subgrants and Procurement Manager to provide support to the UNITY program activities by ensuring the efficient design, implementation, and compliance of all subgrants and procurements with IREX and USAID rules and regulations. This person will manage 12 million USD subgrants pool to local organizations as well as ensure that all procurements under the UNITY program is carried out in a transparent and effective way. This position reports directly to the Director of Operations and Finance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and coordinate all subaward activities, including subgrant design, competition, due diligence, negotiations, preparation of subgrant documents, administration, monitoring and closeout.
- Maintain updated subgrant files and ensure that all subgrants are well-administered and implemented in compliance with the relevant USAID rules and regulations, and IREX policies and procedures.
- Support all internal coordination of activities related to development and implementation of subgrants and contracts, including internal certification/clearance procedures, financial monitoring and payment disbursements in a timely manner, preparation of RFPs/RFAs, outreach activities.
- Review of and prepare of grant and contract modifications.
- Regularly monitor, communicate with, and coach subgrantees to ensure smooth implementation and compliance.
- Oversee procurement under UNITY, make sure it is carried out in compliance with the relevant USAID rules and regulations, and IREX policies and procedures.
- Oversee design of bidding documents, RFPs/RFQs, tender rules, evaluation criteria and specific tender templates, review and approve final analysis of proposals.
- Serve as contract officer responsible for planning, initiating, and negotiating a variety of procurements pertaining to UNITY activities, as well as building the capacity of staff to plan and initiate procurements related to their technical components.
- Supervise a team of three subgrants and procurement staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in economics, finance, international development, business administration, public administration, management, or relevant field.
- At least three (3) years of proven grants and procurement management experience, preferably with USAID-funded projects.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; attention to detail, reliability, thoroughness, and accuracy with numbers.
- Proven competency with analyzing budgets.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to plan, prioritize, track files, and effectively manage information.
- Strong presentation skills: ability to write and present information concisely.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrate professional and ethical, behavior when interacting with partners and stakeholders.
- Strong command of spoken and written English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks and projects in accordance with stated deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team and the ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible.
- Ukrainian citizenship or residency with work authorization is required.
Please send your cover letter and resume as an attachment in an email with “Subgrants and Procurement Manager” in the subject line to email@example.com. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted. Application Deadline: October 20, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
IREX conducts anti- terrorism database clearances on candidates who accept employment offers. IREX is also an E-Verify Employer.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.