USAID Economic Resilience Activity (ERA), implemented by DAI GLOBAL LLC, empowers business development in eastern Ukraine. The purpose of the ERA is to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine in response to Russian aggression, which has disrupted critical market linkages, catalyzed the economic decline of previously dominant industries, and caused massive population disruption. Resilience is “the ability of people, households, communities, countries, and systems to mitigate, adapt to, and recover from shocks and stresses in a manner that reduces chronic vulnerability and facilitates inclusive growth.”
To strengthen ERA grants management team we are looking for a highly qualified Grants/Finance Officer for the main office in Kramatorsk.
You will provide overall financial support to the grants management team, including proficiently managing the grant agreements budget implementation, including expenditure monitoring under grants and maintaining financial and pipeline tracking tools related to grants.
About the job
The Grants/Finance Officer is a key member of the grants management team. He/She will play a pivotal role in assuring adherence to financial policies, grants management policies and procedures, regulations, controls, and reporting systems; work close with ERA grantees to effectively manage grants’ budgets in support of the work necessary to achieve results. This position reports to the Grants Director and works in close interaction with Grants Officer.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Review and analyze grant budgets and expenses and using it as a monitoring tool to advise the Grants Director and Finance and Operations Director on expenditure trends.
- Review all requests for payment or reimbursement for accuracy, compliance, and sufficient detail to ensure compliance with the grant agreement. Submit requests for payment to the Finance department for payment.
- Review all cost share / contribution / leverage presented by the grantees for accuracy, compliance, and sufficient detail to ensure compliance with the grant agreement. Monitor and report on cost share / contribution / leverage attained by the grantees.
- Make regular variance analysis based on review of grantees financial reports and respond to respective queries in relation to financial reports from DAI/ ERA management.
- Help develop grants (cash and in-kind grants) projections and provide recommendations to the Grants Director, Procurement Director, and Finance and Operations Director as required.
- Keep track of the de-obligated funds under grants in close collaboration with the Finance and Operations Director.
- Manage ERA’s grants financial and pipeline trackers.
- Ensure that DAI regulations are complied with in all grant transactions and processes; keep the Finance and Operations Director and Grants Director informed on all major compliance issues/challenges while taking the necessary corrective steps.
- Work in close collaboration with the Procurement and Logistics Departments in ensuring the timely and accurate documentation of the disposition of the procured equipment to the grantees under In-kind grants.
- Assist the Finance and Operations Director and Grants Director in preparation of the cash flow plans to ensure that sufficient cash is available for grants implementation.
- Consult grants recipients in financial reporting to ERA to build their organizational capacity in financial management.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure that accrued grant liabilities are accurately tracked, and progress payments are processed on a timely basis.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor or his/her designee.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have 5+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in finance and accounting, assistance contract management, project operations.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- B.A. Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audit processes (e.g. grants, procurement, local subcontract agreements, etc.) and experience of work at USAID funded projects is preferred
- Skills in finding and solving problems, attention to detail and multitasking skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to succeed in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in both English and Ukrainian;
- Experience of work in a humanitarian/recovery donors-funded projects;
- Responsibility, independence, attentiveness, ability to handle stress, diligence.
- Contract length: 12-months employment agreement with a possibility of extension until August 2024.
- Start date: October 2020
- Duty station: Kramatorsk (remote work during the quarantine)
- Salary Level: We offer competitive market-based salary level for candidates with relevant experience.
- Benefits: all benefits envisaged by Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants must fill in the Application Form at: https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/usaidERA/index.html upload an updated CV in English (no longer than four pages), please mention in the subject Grants/Finance Officer. Closing date for applications: October 23, 2020
For further information about the DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website dai.com If you want to learn more about Economic resilience Activity, please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ERAUkraine