USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity, implemented by DAI Global LLC, is looking for Operations Specialist.
- Activity Background:
The purpose of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity is to strengthen the resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks by establishing trusted collaboration between key cybersecurity stakeholders in the government, private sector, academia, and civil society. The activity aims to achieve this goal by implementing the following activity components:
Component 1: Strengthen the cybersecurity enabling environment
The legal, regulatory, and institutional framework for national cybersecurity in Ukraine needs to be strengthened and aligned with international standards and best practices. This component will strengthen the cybersecurity resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure sectors by addressing legislative gaps, promoting good governance, enabling collaboration between stakeholders, and supporting cybersecurity institutions. This component will also build the technical capacity of key sectors through increased access to cybersecurity technology and equipment.
Component 2: Develop Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce
Ukraine suffers from a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This component of the USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity will address workforce gaps through activities that develop new cybersecurity talent and build the capacity of existing talent. These activities will address the entire workforce pipeline, the quality of education received by cybersecurity specialists, and industry training programs to rapidly upskill Ukraine’s workforce to respond to immediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Component 3: Build a resilient cybersecurity industry
A growing cybersecurity industry in Ukraine will contribute directly to national security and prosperity. This component will seek to build trust and collaboration between the public and private sector to develop innovative solutions for future cybersecurity challenges; spur investment and growth in the broader cybersecurity market in Ukraine through greater access to financing; support smaller cybersecurity companies to rapidly increase the number of local cybersecurity service providers; and offer mechanisms for Ukrainian firms to connect with industry partners to enable better access to innovations and business opportunities.
Together the above components will improve short-term cybersecurity resilience in Ukraine and establish a solid foundation for long-term cybersecurity independence and leadership. Lessons and best practices from key critical infrastructure sectors will extend to all parts of the public sector, as well as to the private sector and civil society.
- Role’s Purpose:
The Operations Specialist contributes to smooth running of operations in the Activity, determines needs within the project and connects groups to work together to solve problems as they arise. The incumbent will support for all operations of the Activity including administration, HR, logistics, compliance, and property management in accordance to DAI’s policies and procedures and USAID requirements.
Administration / Logistics
- Serve as a point of contact with vendors, service providers, and landlord, to support smooth operations of the Activity.
- Support organization of the Activity’s workshops, training events, and other activities requiring logistical support.
- Assist with logistical support related to STTAs (booking hotels, transportation, etc.)
- Regularly audit office inventory, update TAMIS and maintain administrative and office supplies files.
- Assist in scheduling and preparing travel arrangements for meetings and events.
- Ensure all administrative records are properly documented in hard copy files and on the DAI TAMIS.
- Support recruitment in compliance with the DAI policies and procedures, as well as USAID requirements and Ukrainian labor laws.
- Assist in identifying qualified candidates, invite and encourage prospective candidates to apply.
- Organize and participate in interviews, notify the applicants of results of selection process and prepare job offers.
- Check and verify the documents submitted by candidates in accordance with DAI policies and procedures, USAID requirements, and contractual terms.
- Assist in planning and conducting new employee onboarding, including providing trainings on DAI Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain a database of all employee and consultant contracts with period of performance and other relevant information; Assist in preparation of employment agreements and ICAs.
- Enter HR data into Technical & Administrative Information System (TAMIS) and generate required reports.
- Adequately manage and maintain all personnel records (leave tracker, hiring documents, etc)
- Collect and review all staff timesheets, prepare monthly timesheet report to finance including leaves taken, changes in status, increases or transfers for the payroll.
- Assist with regularly updating Activity Organizational Chart.
- Support with process for securing necessary permits for expats residing in Ukraine (visa, TPR, etc.)
- Perform other related duties as required.
- At least 3 years work experience in Human Resources, Administration and Logistics with international organizations.
- Strong knowledge of local labor law.
- At least 1 year of experience working with USAID or other donor-funded projects.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Operations, Business Management or related field.
- Computer literate with e-mail, word processing and spreadsheet experience.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks. Excellent organizational skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Working proficiency in English and Ukrainian is required.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to UkraineCCI_Recritment@dai.com. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.