Overall purpose of the role
- The Project Officer will be responsible to interact and cooperate with the Ministry for Reintegration of Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine (MRTOT) and respective stakeholders under the ‘Promoting Peacebuilding and Reconciliation in Ukraine’ project, as part of the EU-funded EU4East programme and the UN Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme (UN RPP), which will contribute to the implementation of Component 4 of UN RPP and provide support to MRTOT to enhance its capacity on peacebuilding and reconciliation.
- The Project Officer will be responsible to ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all activities, including, but not limited to, experience sharing events, thematic meetings, round table discussions, workshops and trainings, and will work under the supervision of Cross-Border Capacity Building Programme Manager.
- S/he will also be responsible to develop and maintain good relations with the MRTOT, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support high quality implementation and coordination of the project. The availability of the position and the start of the employment are subject to donor’s approval of the project.
Your main responsibilities will be:
Programming & Operations
- Ensure efficient and effective implementation of project respective activities while following the work plan and budget
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donor
- Participate in project monitoring and evaluation exercises
- Participate in preparation of project communication and visibility materials
Coordination and representation
- Develop and maintain good relations with the project beneficiaries, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of the project activities
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external stakeholders and technical experts on project relevant issues
- Coordinate with other DRC sectors/programmes
- Represent DRC at meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of project experts and consultants from and to different operational areas
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner
- Does not have direct line management responsibility for staff, but may contribute to recruitment of members of the team
- Implements the Programme Manager’s decisions through the work of subordinate employees, often playing a role in deciding how to do it; and how to achieve the objective set by the Programme Manager
Required experience and competencies
- University degree (e.g. political science, international development, or economics) or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in sectors of peacebuilding, capacity building, good governance and/or policy analysis working for an INGO
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- An interesting opportunity to work with the International Humanitarian Organization
- Fixed-Term Labour Contract. Duration 1 year after succesful probation period. The availability of the position and the start of the employment are subject to donor’s approval of the project.
- Medical insurance
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
If you are interested, please apply by following the link: https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationForm/SinglePageApplicationForm.aspx?cid=1036&departmentId=19100&ProjectId=160035&MediaId=5
Application deadline: October 18, 2020.