The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
NRC Ukraine is looking for a General Assistant to join our dynamic team in Kyiv.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic university graduate with at least 2 years of work experience to enter the humanitarian field as a General assistant.
Based within the Human Resources department with reporting line to HR Manager, you will work closely with Finance and Logistics teams and will perform various administrative tasks to ensure the smooth operation of NRC office.
- Assist with the implementation of the general support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Receive invoices and verify correctness against orders/contracts/agreements
- Assist in drafting letters, cover letter for official correspondence. Reply to general information requests with the accurate information.
- Ensure assets of all NRC inventory (furniture, equipment, etc.) is properly tagged and recorded in the local and program asset database.
- Translation of official documents both written and real-time verbal (upon the request of your line manager)
- Deal with official employment institutions
- Assist with organizing of events
- Assist in initiation of procurement procedures using NRC Procurement system.
- Ensure transportation of NRC staff/guests/property by correct smooth professional vehicle driving in Kyiv city and all other appointed areas.
- Any other duties that can be assigned will be discussed during interview process with HR Manager and detailed Job description will be shared with the pre-selected candidates.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian, Russian and English languages.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience from working with logistics/procurement/administrative for 2 years.
- Valid driving license.
Commencement: As soon as possible
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Competitive salary, training opportunities, medical insurance
Duty station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Please note that we will contact only with shortlisted candidates.
NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment.
For submitting CVs please follow the link - https://23109900.webcruiter.no/Main/Recruit/Public/4291727387?culture_id=en&link_source_id=0