21 September 2020
Position : Country Office Administrator (COA)
Line Manager : Head of Mission
Founded in 2011, Stichting International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) registered in The Hague supports the safety of aid workers by operating safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts.
INSO provides registered NGOs with free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training. INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
INSO Ukraine Country Office
INSO has been operational in Ukraine since July 2015 and currently brings together 46 registered NGOs operating country-wide, particularly in Eastern Ukraine. INSO Ukraine focuses on providing security- and access-related information in near to real-time and helps raise awareness of the existing risks and mitigation strategies.
We are seeking an experienced individual to join our team as INSO Country Office Administrator (COA) to be based in Kyiv.
The Country Office Administrator (COA) for all matters on finance reports to INSO Finance Controller and is under the general supervision of the Head of Mission for matters under INSO global and country-level policies that guide administration, logistics, procurement, and human resources. COA works closely with the Head of Mission and has the responsibility to assure the financial health and integrity of the project. For HR, logistic/procurement and administration functions the COA enforces appropriate accounting and financial procedures and policies; timely communication and provision of accurate financial data to enable project orientation, planning and decisions; meets the external reporting and audits requirements; orients staff in financial and HR/administration management, audits and procedures compliance.
(The below mentioned list of responsibilities is not exhaustive: flexibility is a must and other tasks may be requested to adapt to operational needs).
- Oversees financial record keeping; controls and reconciles documentation, and uploads the financial information in SunSystems;
- Managers a secure filing system for financial, grant and legal documentation;
- Reports a clear picture of the financial position of the project with reports on donors’ budget rules, adherence and any variances;
- Maintains adequate project cash forecasts, cash flow, prepares cash requests, and ensures the donor fund disbursements are correct;
- Meets external reporting deadlines; prepares budgets and reports with exactness and compliance; liaises with donor finance departments as necessary;
- Maintains healthy financial practices across the project; enforces finance working documents and training as needed to ensure staff adherence;
- Acts as a focal point during audits, timely enforcement of internal and external audit recommendations;
- Lead the accountancy documentation in compliance with Ukrainian law requirements; reporting to local authorities.
Human Resource Management
- Leads the implementation and monitoring of all INSO personnel and HR regulations (national and international) and ensure that all staff are aware of their right and responsibilities;
- To establish and maintain the CO Personnel Files (national and international) and audit record containing all mandatory documents and items (prepare monthly payroll, control employee timesheets, maintains a record of leave and proper use of leave, insurance enrolments, tax payments/deductions as required under national law, etc.);
Facility and Asset Management
- Prepares and maintain leases and contracts (offices, utilities, vehicles, etc.);
- Establishes and maintains the central asset register;
- Maintains functioning of IT and communications infrastructure as relevant;
Procurement and Logistics
- Lead the implementation of all Procurement and Logistic regulations (internal and donors) to ensure all staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities;
- Where required, oversee proper implementation of the procurement process as outlined in internal regulations with respect for the division of labour and schedule of authorisation;
- Enforce all controls to prevent fraud and corruption;
- Maintain accurate procurements files and audit records;
- Manage and maintain contractual agreements and relationships with vendors/contractors and all service providers;
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position;
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, management or economics;
- Proficient in SunSystems, Q&A reporting tools and Excel;
- Fluent English, Ukrainian and Russian languages (written and spoken);
- Donor/contract management experience and donor policy knowledge;
- Understanding of humanitarian principles and practices;
- Ability to operate a large amount of data;
- High attention in detail and accuracy;
- Ability to direct and supervise;
- Ability to work remotely in case of continuation of quarantine;
Key Personal Competencies:
- Well-organised and able to deliver work at short notice and under tight deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- A strong communicator at local and international levels;
- An effective communicator;
- Team player.
Terms & Conditions:
12-months official employment contract with a 3-month probationary period with expected start date 19 October 2020, UAH 69,130 Gross salary.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy:
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process. As such, the following safe recruitment practices will be applied:
- All offers of employment will be conditional on receiving at least two satisfactory profesional references;
- INSO will ask candidates about significant gaps in employment history or frequent changes of employer and address;
- All essential qualifications and relevant professional accreditations and memberships will be verified;
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid proof of identity (passport, ID card);
- All new hires will receive an orientation in INSO’s safeguarding policy and procedures and associated documents (Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing etc.);
- All new hires will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
How to apply:
Interested persons are requested to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure to reference ‘INSO COA’ in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis:
* Cover Letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in (2 page maximum).
* Up to date CV (5 page maximum).