Terre des hommes Ukraine is recruiting a Child Protection Field Officer for its field office in Sievierodonetsk, Luhansk region, covering operations in Luhansk region.
Start date As soon as possible
Contract 3 months, local contract (no expatriate benefits), full-time contract, renewable.
Location Sievierodonetsk, Luhansk region with field travel in the region.
We encourage local candidates to apply.
Deadline for applications is September 30, 2020
Terre des hommes is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Through our health, protection and emergency relief programmes, we provide assistance to over three million children, youth and their families in more than 45 countries each year. Through a rights-based approach, Terre des hommes (Tdh) aims to guarantee a respect for and the implementation of the rights of children to bring about positive and sustainable change, both at institutional and community level. Tdh develops programs that support children and youth rights and their best interests, create a strong local presence in close proximity to children, their families and communities, establish close cooperation with local bodies based on respect. Tdh has built expertise in Europe (Romania, Moldova, Albania, Kosovo) in programs aimed at supporting vulnerable families with children to develop income generating activities. In Ukraine, Tdh has worked since 2009 through partnerships and established offices legally since 2014. The programs in Ukraine address children and youth in the conflict affected area of East Ukraine. We have established strong collaboration with regional education departments and are working in 120 schools in East Ukraine, including Vocational Education Institutions (VEIs).
For more information, please check https://www.tdh.ch/en , www.facebook.com/TdhUkraine/
The Child Protection Field Officer supports the direct implementation of the “Digital Fabrication for Vocational Education” project that aims to increase the participation of youth to the Ukrainian economy by strengthening Vocational Education Training (VET) and raising employability and entrepreneurial skills with a focus on digital and IT competences. The Child Protection Field Officer ensures communicating with partners and beneficiaries about project, activities expectations and goals, collaborating with team members on budgeting and allocating funds, managing deadlines and progress across the team to ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget, organizing
providers and vendors to deliver procurement and services, overseeing the delivery of procurement and making adjustments as necessary to ensure they are delivered to specifications and high standards, collecting and analyzing feedback from partners and beneficiaries and other project users to gauge success.
• Supports project manager and officers to manage high-quality project implementation activities and external communications with the project partners and beneficiaries;
• Conducts field visits together with the project team;
• Conducts procurements of goods and services with support from the project team according to the internal regulation;
• Supports the reception and distribution of goods at Regional office level according to the internal regulation and ensure that all the necessary documents are filled out (acceptance certificates/delivery notes, stock cards, stock release forms, gift/donation certificates);
• Supports and supervises travel logistics in the framework of the projects (planning, vehicles, tracking movements, etc.);
• Ensure the compliance with the internal guidelines regarding the risk of theft, armed robbery, corruption, embezzlement, errors and losses. Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including Child Protection and Safeguarding policy, Anti-theft Fraud and Corruption Policy and Whistle Blowing Policy. Report any breach observed in the framework of this policies during his/her professional activities both as regards the proven or suspected offence and preventive breach;
• Analyses data gathered for reporting, organisational learning, new project proposal writing;
• Cooperates with the M&E Officer, project managers, partners to develop and publish good practices publications;
• If necessary, support other processes in the implementation of project activities;
• University degree in relevant field;
• A minimum of 2 years of previous experience in logistic support, ideally in NGO but not necessarily;
• Experience in using such computer software as Microsoft Office, knowledge of database package Excel;
• Ability to respond to inquiries independently and follow-up on requests in an efficient manner;
• Efficient management of the workflow with minimal supervision;
• Resourceful in gathering, verifying and analysing monitoring data with ability to interpret information and reports;
• Strong organizational, planning, prioritizing and administrative skills;
• Ability to work collaboratively and productively within a multidiscipline and multicultural environment;
• Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian required and English is a strong advantage
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to: email@example.com
Please include “Child Protection Field Officer” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose. All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.