Anti-Corruption Policy Expert (LTTA)
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a US-based international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E). MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position**
Anti-corruption Policy Expert (APE) will contribute to the implementation of the SACCI’s activities strengthening anti-corruption public policies and empowering public institutions to prevent corruption. APE will conduct analysis of anti-corruption policy documents on a needed basis and will support SACCI’s counterparts in the government and non-governmental sector with developing and implementing effective anti-corruption measures.
· Provide technical support to the implementation of Objective 1 of the SACCI program - Government institutions empowered to fight corruption - ensuring the successful implementation of project activities and the timely and high-quality reporting.
· Conduct research, analysis, process statistical data, draft conclusions and recommendations pertinent to corruption prevention area.
· Provide support to the implementation of the project activities related to supporting NAPC and other stakeholders operationalizing in the area of anti-corruption.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships and cooperation with relevant counterparts, beneficiaries and stakeholders
· Lead the development of a summary studies on anti-corruption reform relevant to SACCI and other analytic papers. Develop Political Economy Assessment (PEA) conducted by SACCI on quarterly basis.
· Elaborate necessary documentation (concept notes, briefs) to steer programmatic initiatives and activities.
· Ensure quality assessment of the products produced with the project support.
· Support the process of developing knowledge products, by codification of experiences and lessons learned at the national and international levels in the anti-corruption domain.
· Provide technical oversight of the performance of SACCI’s grantees, partners, sub-contractors, and consultants to ensure timely and quality implementation of the activities in line with SACCI’s objectives and standards.
· Contribute to developing project deliverables and reports including but not limited to project work plan, performance reports, project fact sheets, success stories and other deliverables and reports when required.
· Prepare and conduct trainings, develop training and other educational materials on anti-corruption policies and corruption prevention tools and mechanisms, moderating/participation in solution hubs
· Demonstrate diplomacy and leadership to foster an atmosphere of teamwork productivity, creativity, fairness, equity, and innovation, and support for diversity.
· Report to and consult with the Legislation and Policy Leader (Objective 1) on planning and implementing activities and communicating with counterparts and beneficiaries.
· Perform other duties as requested.
· A bachelor’s degree or higher in law, political science, public policy, public administration or other relevel field.
· Minimum 5 years work experience in the field of anti-corruption, public administration, or related area.
· Demonstrated knowledge of legal and institutional frameworks for prevention of corruption in Ukraine and the Eastern Europe region.
· Experience conducting public policy analysis and elaborating strategic documents and papers and conducting social research.
· Demonstrated experience in providing technical support to anti-corruption institutions in the governmental and non-governmental sectors.
· Previous experience with international technical assistance or development organizations would be an asset.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines (time-management, reporting, negotiations skills).
· Fluency Ukrainian and proficiency in English is required.
*Deadline for applying for this position – September 30, 2020*
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com