The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks applicants for a Program Coordinator to lead a program focused on increasing social cohesion in Ukraine, defined as tolerance for differences across groups and unity around democratic principles and reforms. It will bring together advocates, journalists, civil society and youth actors from different geographic regions of Ukraine to work on joint projects that will increase national unity, promote civic identity, and foster informed and constructive dialogue on issues central to Ukraine’s European future. The program will encourage the design and implementation of creative initiatives and concrete policy reforms that help to improve cross-regional cooperation, challenge stereotypes, enable communication between communities, foster tolerance in the media, and encourage partnerships among diverse groups.
The Program Coordinatorwill be the lead implementer responsible for compliance with the project’s activities, timeline and outputs. This Program Coordinator will organize all project activities and manage day-to-day communications with local partners and stakeholders across the country. The Program Coordinator will also monitor activities and lead frequent evaluation check-ins with ABA ROLI staff in Washington, DC. S/he should be a Ukrainian citizen with in-depth knowledge of the country’s civil society processes and have at least five years of international development and program management experience.
The duties of this post include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establishing and managing ABA ROLI program, including ensuring program goals are met, resources are utilized in accordance with budgets, and monitoring and evaluation are undertaken;
- Ensuring compliance with U.S. Government requirements and ABA policies;
- Initiating, nurturing and expanding working relationships with National and local governments counterparts (including the Ministry of Social Policy, Ministry of Education), civil society organizations (CSOs), academic institutions such as law schools, vulnerable populations groups and others in Ukraine involved in the rule of law and social activities sector;
- Serving as point of contact for program with U.S. government (USG);
- Administer the programmatic aspects of subawards, including developing RFAs, reviewing applications and conducting pre-award due diligence, award implementation, and close-out;
- Actively engage with subgrantees to ensure effective implementation of subgrant activities, including frequent communication, reviewing programmatic reports, and making site visits;
- Developing and monitoring budgets in cooperation with Finance and Program staff; and
- Other duties as needed.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in international development and program management;
- Master’s degree in the social sciences, international relations or other relevant fields;
- Solid and thorough understanding of the socio-political context in Ukraine;
- Experience working with USG donor-funded projects, ideally with familiarity with U.S. regulations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with Ukrainian government entities, academic institutions and other relevant stakeholders;
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in English and Ukrainian;
- High degree of organization, professionalism, integrity, trustworthiness and flexibility;
- Ideally, experience working in a non-profit/association/CSO setting.
- Well-established contacts with youth organizations, vulnerable population associations, minorities groups and local governments would be an asset.
Please send a resume and cover letter with “Pro-SoCo Program Coordinator” in the subject line to ABAROLIUkraine@abaroli.org by September 18, 2020.