Terre des hommes Ukraine is recruiting an Assistant Field Officer for its field office in Mariupol, Donetsk region, covering operations in Azov area, Donetsk region.
Start date As soon as possible
Contract 3 months, local contract (no expatriate benefits), full-time contract, renewable.
Location Mariupol, Donetsk region with field travel in the region.
We encourage local candidates to apply.
Deadline for applications is September 14, 2020
Tdh is operating through the two offices in Mariupol (Donetsk) and Severodonetsk (Luhansk). Tdh supported over 120 schools in the rayons along the contact line to develop child-friendly spaces . Over 600 education specialists were trained in the methodology Movement, Games and Sport (https://childhub.org/uk/mgs ) and continue to use it in their activities with children. More than 200 child protection specialists were trained in Child Protection Minimum Standards, contributing to raising awareness of the need for child-centered social services.
Tdh continues to support the development of the local institutions and communities to offer PSS activities and friendly environment to children, while also providing direct support to individuals and groups in order to cover gaps in the protection services for children and their families.
For more information, please check https://www.tdh.ch/en , www.facebook.com/TdhUkraine/
The Assistant Field Officer supports the direct implementation of the “Psycho-social wellbeing and inclusive community environment for children in East Ukraine” program ensuring the provision of PSS support for children/adolescents and case management services for child mine/ERW victims, children in need of protection. The Assistant Field Officer ensures performed data entry using MS Excel database, emphasizing accuracy in entering information on beneficiaries for inquiries, creating and maintaining accessible, retrievable computer archives and databases, incorporating current advances in electronic information storage technology, maintaining the Tdh Ukraine M&E database, providing general administrative assistance to the M&E Officer and Field Officers in support of the maintenance of Tdh Ukraine database.
• Contributes to the development of evaluation and assessment tools (questionnaires, application forms etc.) for identification of project beneficiaries in his/her respective area;
• Contributes to the coordination and information sharing mechanism with contact persons at local level (urban and rural areas) with the state and non-state actors (district social policy departments, INGO, NGO etc) for identification of project beneficiaries in his/her respective area;
• Supports project manager and officers to manage high-quality data collection;
• Analyses data gathered for reporting, organisational learning, new project proposal writing;
• Guides staff/ volunteers on data collection and understanding of tools; coordination clusters and OCHA);
• Cooperates with the M&E Officer, project managers, partners to develop and publish good practices publications;
• Documents and maintains M&E database;
• Conducts field visits together with the project team;
• Conducts procurements of goods and services with support from the project team;
• Monitor the implementation of the supply chain (procurement, transportation, delivery, storage, distribution;
• Supervise the delivery of the merchandise and check the quality & quantity in collaboration with the program team;
• Ensure the compliance with the internal guidelines regarding the risk of theft, armed robbery, corruption, embezzlement, errors and losses. Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including Child Protection and Safeguarding policy, Anti-theft Fraud and Corruption Policy and Whistle Blowing Policy. Report any breach observed in the framework of this policies during his/her professional activities both as regards the proven or suspected offence and preventive breach;
• If necessary, support other processes in the implementation of project activities;
• University degree in relevant field;
• A minimum of 1 year of previous experience in data collection, ideally in NGO but not necessarily;
• Experience in using such computer software as Microsoft Office, knowledge of database package Excel;
• Ability to respond to inquiries independently and follow-up on requests in an efficient manner;
• Efficient management of the workflow with minimal supervision;
• Resourceful in gathering, verifying and analysing monitoring data with ability to interpret information and reports;
• Strong organizational, planning, prioritizing and administrative skills;
• Ability to work collaboratively and productively within a multidiscipline and multicultural environment;
• Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian required and English is a strong advantage
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Assistant Field Officer” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose. All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.