Terre des hommes Ukraine is recruiting an Finance and Administrative Assistant for its field office in Mariupol, Donetsk region, covering operations in Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
Start date As soon as possible
Contract 12 months, local contract (no expatriate benefits), full-time contract, renewable.
Location Mariupol, Donetsk region with field travel in the region.
We encourage local candidates to apply.
Deadline for applications is September 18, 2020
Tdh is operating through the two offices in Mariupol (Donetsk) and Severodonetsk (Luhansk). Tdh supported over 120 schools in the rayons along the contact line to develop child-friendly spaces . Over 600 education specialists were trained in the methodology Movement, Games and Sport (https://childhub.org/uk/mgs ) and continue to use it in their activities with children. More than 200 child protection specialists were trained in Child Protection Minimum Standards, contributing to raising awareness of the need for child-centered social services.
Tdh continues to support the development of the local institutions and communities to offer PSS activities and friendly environment to children, while also providing direct support to individuals and groups in order to cover gaps in the protection services for children and their families.
For more information, please check https://www.tdh.ch/en , www.facebook.com/TdhUkraine/
The Finance and Administrative Assistant supports the direct implementation of the development and humanitarian programme of Tdh Ukraine aiming at children in need of protection. The Finance and Administrative Assistant ensures process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc. He/she performs routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the Finance Manager and Chief Accountant, helps oversee and manage analytical accounts and purchases.
• Know and comply with the delegation’s budgetary framework.
• Ensure recording of accounting entries and allocation of costs to different donor’s contracts.
• Follow-up of projects related budgets.
• Perform analytical monitoring of funds.
• Checking and reconciling balances on budget lines. Participate in team budget planning and tracking, if necessary.
Administration and contract management
• Assist in writing and, in collaboration with the Financial Officer, check all contractual documents (with the local authorities, the local partners, the suppliers, the service providers, etc.): ensure that all agreements respect the national legislation.
• Supporting in conducting new agreements with suppliers and partners in field offices.
• Providing scanning and keeping on the TDH server (Paperless) all documents, connected with activities. For this purpose, once every three months, an Assistant will be sent to the regional office in Kiev.
• Conduct procurements with support from the project team.
• Manage the functioning of the office.
• Manage day-to-day accounting functions including settlements with suppliers and contractors, checking reconciliations, conducting tenders.
• Preparing monthly reporting based on bank payments related regional office operations for SAGA software.
• Ensure proper cash management, if needed.
• Check the compliance of all supporting documents, preparing internal documents for payments: the payment and working request (PWAR) and Purchase (Service) Request, submit for the necessary approval by managers. Maintaining registers.
• Collection, control, grouping and transfer to the central office of primary documents, agreements and other documents related to the activities of the Foundation.
• Drawing up acts of donation for beneficiaries within projects, maintaining a register of acts.
• Preparation of financial reports on the results of the activities carried out (trainings, other activities) of the Foundation within the framework of project implementation.
• Accrual of relevant taxes on additional benefits in accordance with applicable law.
• Assistance and support to the Officer in preparing and compiling the necessary documentation for annual, donor audits.
• Maintenance of organisation accounting on daily basis in 1C: Enterprise 8.3 (primary documentation, putting into the balance and write-offing materials and equipment, accounting of fixed assets, amortization, inventories).
• Assist in the preparation for annual financial audit and donors’ audits.
• Registration and checking of trips of employees on monthly Log books.
• University degree in relevant field;
• A minimum of 2 years of previous experience in accounting and finances, ideally in NGO but not necessarily;
• Knowledge of generally accepted national accounting, budgeting, budget monitoring and general ledger skills;
• Experience in using such computer software as Microsoft Office, 1C: Enterprise 8.3, knowledge of database packages;
• Ability to respond to inquiries independently and follow-up on requests in an efficient manner;
• Efficient management of the workflow with minimal supervision;
• Ability to handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision;
• Resourceful in gathering, verifying and analysing financial data with ability to interpret financial information and reports;
• Strong organizational, planning, prioritizing and administrative skills;
• Ability to work collaboratively and productively within a multidiscipline and multicultural environment;
• Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian required and English is a strong advantage
• Successful experience of going through the audit check-up
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to: [email protected]
Please include “Finance and Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose. All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.