Chemonics International Inc.
USAID Transformation Communications Activity
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Assistant
Estimated Period of Performance/Level of Effort: Long-Term
The USAID Ukraine Transformation Communications Activity (TCA) is a five-year Activity whose purpose is to partner with the Government of Ukraine (GOU), private sector, and civil society to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s democracy through innovative communications initiatives that engage Ukrainians in a conversation about the country’s democratic transformation and European integration. The objectives of the Activity are to equip USAID and its partners to conduct data-driven communications; increase the quality and quantity of strategic communications on reform dividends; and broaden the use of social impact content by Ukraine’s civic leaders and creative sector.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Assistant is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely data collection for performed project activities, through following established procedures and ensure common understanding for technical teams and project grantees and subcontractors. In coordination with the MEL Manager, the MEL Assistant will also be responsible for preparing reports for internal project review and client reporting on MEL Plan.
- Coordinating with technical teams and third parties (e.g., grantees, subcontractors) to support establishment of procedures of data collection to ensure timely reporting.
- In cooperation with MEL Manager, provide consultations/clarifications to technical teams and third parties (e.g., grantees, subcontractors) on data requirements under USG-funded programs.
- Liaise with technical teams to ensure compliance with internal project procedures with regard to reporting related to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan.
- Maintain records on indicators, including lists of participants and agendas (only for events accounted under indicators).
- Supporting the MEL Manager in responding to requests from project staff, Chemonics, or USAID.
- Responsible for primary data verification according to requirements of USAID ADS 201.
- Maintain program DevResults program account, including upload of data obtained from technical teams and third parties (e.g., grantees, subcontractors).
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- University degree in sociology, mathematics, data analysis, economics or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of Monitoring & Evaluation experience required.
- Experience working with USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred.
- Demonstrated professional excellence and strong analytical skills.
- Ukrainian, Russian, and English fluency, with excellent presentation skills and strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing in all languages.
- Ability to analyze and report on program performance and impact from the perspective of donors, program planners, and partners.
- Willingness to learn usage of modern tools on data analysis and visualization.
- Experience with report writing and editing.
To apply, please submit your application via the following link:
Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Application deadline - September 18, 2020