The Kyiv office of American Councils for International Education: ACTR/ACCELS (American
Councils) is currently seeking a reliable candidate to fill the position of EducationUSA Junior Adviser.
SUMMARY: The Kyiv office of American Councils for International Education: ACTR/ACCELS (American
Councils) is currently seeking a reliable candidate to fill the position of EducationUSA Junior Adviser. The positionis responsible for promoting the network of EducationUSA Advising Centers (EACs) in Ukraine and provides basic advising to all inquiring students, parents, and professionals. The incumbent reports to the EducationUSA Ukraine manager.
The position is full-time, 40 hours a week permanent position.
POSITION CLOSING: September 10, 2020
• Delivers basic in-person and virtual advising on the educational opportunities in the U.S. to students, parents, and professionals.
• Coordinates all daily aspects of virtual outreach and promotion of the EAC and its activities Ukraine-widesuch as: www.americancouncils.org.ua, www.educationusa.org.ua, www.educationusa.state.gov, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and others.
• Develops weekly EAC’s web and social media campaigns and newsletters to inform the clients about all the EducationUSA Ukraine events.
• Develops annual U.S. Education Fair marketing campaign, processes payments, and communicates with service-providers.
• Develops marketing campaigns, as assigned.
• Assists EAC with maintenance of cohort advising programs, as assigned.
• Serves as a librarian and maintains EAC library database and listserves.
• Performs EAC representative tasks, as assigned.
• Designs presentations in Prezi, Power Point, and other platforms.
• Maintains a supply of handouts and other informational and promo-materials.
• Takes incoming calls, helps clients to navigate through EAC’s web platforms, activities, services, and appointments.
• Assists other EAC staff members, as assigned.
• Researches on and implements new technologies and platforms to benefit EAC’s mission.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or in the last year of studies.
• Verbal and written fluency in English and Ukrainian and/or Russian.
• Preference will be given to applicants with experience with the U.S. educational system and/or U.S. Department of State educational exchange program(s).
• High level of attention to detail.
• Excellent time management, planning and implementation, analytical, and computer/internet skills.
• Knowledge of video recording and editing equipment and programs.
• Experience in photography and graphic design is a plus.
• Knowledge of and interest in U.S. higher education system.
• Cross-cultural skills, especially in the area of communication.
• Ability to forge and develop connections and work cooperatively with partners and stakeholders from various sectors including higher education communities, government, and private companies.
• Willingness to travel occasionally and work non-traditional hours (evenings/weekends).
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter with a current resume before the closing date via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the title EducationUSA Junior Adviser in the Subject line of your message. Applications submitted later than September 10, 2020 will not be considered.