Danish Refugee Council – Danish Demining Group (DRC-DDG), one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified DDG Manual Mine Clearance (MMC) Team Paramedic to provide on-site medical support to humanitarian mine action activities.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Accompanies mobile teams wherever they may be deployed within Ukraine.
- Provides immediate on-site casualty stabilization in the event of an accident/incident and accompanies casualty to the designated medical facility.
- Conducts assessments of local medical facilities prior to the deployment of demining teams in order to establish casualty evacuation plans.
- Maintains up-to-date contact information and location details of all suitable medical facilities within DDG’s area of operation.
- Responsible for the maintenance and contents of major trauma kits according to DDG standard operating procedures.
- Conducting regular basic life support training for colleagues based on a standardized syllabus developed by DRC/DDG.
- Supports with formal training for third party organizations in conjunction with the DDG Global Medic.
- Supports colleagues with routine tasks associated to deployment in a mobile team.
Essential Experience / Qualifications:
- Paramedic qualification
- Good computer literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Highly desirable but not necessary:
- Written and spoken English language
- Experience in an ambulance crew or as a military combat medic
- Prior experience delivering paramedic training
- Excellent discipline and ability to follow instructions
- Flexible; willing to work away from home for extended periods in a mobile capacity
- Team spirit; willing to assist the team with tasks outside the immediate scope of their role
- Adaptable; willing to live in basic accommodation
- Willing to work in close support to demining teams
- Works well under pressure and keeps to deadlines
- Works strictly according to the reporting structure
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’ core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly
Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC’s vision and values
WHAT WE OFFER
An interesting chance to work with International humanitarian organization in the field of Mine Action activities.
Contract: Fixed-term contract with probationary period of 3 months and possibility of extension.
Contract start date: ASAP
All DRC-DDG employees are covered by Medical and Life Insurance.
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Ukrainian nationals.
All applicants must send an updated CV (no longer than two pages). Applications sent by email will not be considered.
ATTENTION: Though external and internal candidates are equally encouraged to apply for this position, in case of equal level of qualifications and interview performance the preference will be given to an internal candidate.
Closing date for applications: 31 August 2020. The interviews will take place on the rowing basis, vacancy can be closed before the announcmement end date.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Please apply by following the link: https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationForm/SinglePageApplicationForm.aspx?cid=1036&departmentId=19100&ProjectId=159672&MediaId=5