The USAID-funded Financial Sector Transformation Activity in Ukraine (Ukraine FST) is a five-year activity that aims to transform and stabilize Ukraine’s financial sector. The FST focuses on the following main areas: a) Capital and commodity markets development; b) Leasing finance for small and medium businesses; c) Digital solutions to finance in COVID19 environment; d) Consumer protection for financial services users. The Project is also very active in support of reform of the legal and regulatory framework for non-bank financial institutions.
Specific Tasks include the following:
- Engage in capital and commodity markets research, including cost-benefit analyses, surveys on knowledge, awareness, and behavior of capital and commodity markets participants, analysis of the potential for spot and derivatives markets, analysis of trading venues and issues (multi-asset trading exchange);
- Support efforts to assess and develop a center for multi-asset commodity trading in Ukraine, including examining “model” financial centers that have been developed internationally;
- Analyze potential financial instruments that could be traded on capital and commodity markets in Ukraine;
- Work with consultants for trading software and trading mechanisms (business processes) for the multi-asset trading exchange;
- Support the feasibility study for the creation of a multi-asset commodity and capital markets centre in Ukraine;
- Support the development of appropriate capital and commodity markets trading infrastructure;
- Examine different approaches to attract foreign and local anchor investors to Ukrainian capital and commodity markets, work with sub-contractors for structuring the investments;
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- University degree in business, economics, finance and legal, advanced degree preferred;
- Extensive knowledge of Ukrainian financial sector, minimum ten (10) years’ working experience;
- At least five (5) years of work/professional experience in commodities (agro, energy), investment banking or trading on capital/financial markets;
- Knowledge of international standards and local practice in commodities/financial instruments trading;
- Experience in structuring foreign direct investments;
- Experience of public-private partnership would be an advantage;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Extensive experience with research, writing analytical/assessment reports;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English.
Reporting: The Senior Capital and Commodity Markets Expert will report to the FST NBFI Team Lead.