Інтерн для проекту з громадянської освіти для IFES.
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women, representatives of national minorities and persons with disabilities.
IFES is seeking applications from undergraduate- and graduate-level students, or recent university graduates to fill in a paid position of Intern for the Civic Education Project. As a participant of the Civic Education project team, the Civic Education Intern will be responsible for supporting the digitalization of IFES’ civic education course “Democracy – from Theory to Practice” under the supervision of IFES Civic Education Officer.
This position is expected to begin in August, 2020, and will continue for 3-6 months with possible extension.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support e-learning research among teachers and students;
- Contribute to the evaluation and analysis of survey result, identify learning needs;
- Support preparation and arrangements of working groups and brainstorming sessions of course developers, briefings with vendors and other meetings under the direction of supervisor;
- Contribute to the development of the online course structure, interactive learning methodologies and revision of the course materials;
- Contribute to research of modern multi-media interfaces, design references, educational materials, and make recommendations for instructional solutions;
- Support timely communication with vendors;
- Edit, format and contribute to IFES reporting, including informational emails, operational reports, publication materials, donor reporting, presentations and other reports;
- Maintain project records and documents;
- Plan and expedite travel and accommodation arrangements for IFES programming throughout Ukraine;
- Attend meetings at request of supervisor and take meeting minutes;
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials as directed;
- Translate written documents and provide verbal interpretation for staff as required;
- Preparation of PPT presentation at the end of the internship;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Strong research skills;
- Understanding of content designs, instructional design, and modern multi-media learning;
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with supervision;
- Good attention to detail;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgement and resourcefulness;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with colleagues, counterparts and partners;
- Willingness to adhere to principles of confidentiality;
- Willingness to work in an international environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- An undergraduate (forth year) or a graduate student, or a recent university graduate in relevant field;
- Interest in development of high quality online educational products and content;
- Personal and/or professional experience with online courses and e-learning (preferred);
- Keen interest in democracy processes and civic education (preferred);
- Interest in Ukraine’s electoral and political landscape (preferred);
- Working level proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages required.
DURATION OF THE INTERNSHIP: 3-6 months
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a Letter of Interest, with Civic Education Intern in the subject line, to Valeriia Zhyman vZhyman@ifes.org copying Maksym Palamarchuk at mPalamarchuk@ifes.org no later than August 9, 2020, 23:59 Kyiv time.