The National Democratic Institute (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking a full-time national staff member for its LGBTI Inclusion Program.
Job Title (s): Program Officer, NDI Ukraine
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience working in democracy support and human rights programming with a thorough understanding of political processes. Experience of working with LGBTI community to advance issues of inclusion and tolerance is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Human Rights, Development, Political Science or related subject; graduate degree desired.
- Strong understanding of human rights context in Ukraine.
- Experience in all aspects of program cycle, including design, coordination, operations, monitoring and evaluation.
- Preferably strong subgrants management skills, including reporting, communication with subgrantees and financial management.
- Experience in implementations of advocacy/awareness-raising campaigns would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills, and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a wide range of audiences.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to present clear and concise analysis.
- Experienced management and leadership skills in order to lead, inspire and motivate staff.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.).
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English is required.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to management and implementation of NDI’s LGBTI inclusion program in Ukraine;
- Take an active role in program design and development of strategic and operational planning;
- Manage and support NDI subgrants to local CSOs;
- Contribute to program narrative and financial reporting including coordination of Program partners’ reporting process;
- Facilitate and conduct training sessions, meetings, workshops, events to develop capacities of Program partners and promote LGBTI Inclusion;
- Support design and implementation of awareness-raising/advocacy campaigns;
- Coordinate with implementing partners and stakeholders for effective program implementation and ensure strong networking;
- Maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders and program partners;
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the supervisor;
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters as one file in a pdf format in English by email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the position Program Officer, LGBTI Inclusion program in the subject line of the e-mail.
Deadline: The deadline for the submission of the required documents is August 16, 2020. Only selected candidates will be invited for the written test.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to any grounds such as age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression etc.