Polish Humanitarian Action is currently looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator to undertake MEAL duties within the projects implemented by PAH in Donetska and Luhanska GCAs.
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw-based international non-governmental organization with representative office in Ukraine
- Position: MEAL Coordinator
- Location: Kramatorsk/Bakhmut (with visits to project locations within 0-15-km area along the contact line in Donetska and Luhanska GCAs)
- Job terms: full-time
- Type of job: employment contract
- Duration: 1 year (3-month probation period) with a potential extension
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is an international non-governmental organization providing humanitarian and development aid worldwide since 1992. So far, the interventions have been carried out in 46 different countries. By possessing long-standing expertise in the implementation of projects in WASH, FSL, Protection, as well as Nutrition and Education, PAH concentrates its global activities on ensuring sustainable development of regions suffering from consequences of armed conflicts, natural disasters and other humanitarian crises.
PAH has been present in Ukraine since August 2014 delivering humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable conflict-affected population. PAH provides assistance to elderly and people with disabilities, children, single mothers, working in the sectors of Protection, FSL, WASH and others.
For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and coordinate Periodic Intervention Monitoring data collection exercises (baseline/post distribution/ endline/evaluation etc.):
a) preparation of tools for surveys, Focus group Discussions, Key Informant Interviews, observations etc. and methodology (incl. data collection methods, sampling strategy) for MEAL data collection activities;
b) management of data collection platforms and providing technical means for conducting survey (incl. designing forms in Kobo, preparing data collection devices);
c) training, supervising enumerators and providing necessary support during data collection;
d) planning data collection activities in cooperation with the Program team and IP;
e) processing and analysing data obtained during data collection, performing secondary data analysis;
f) preparing monitoring reports, discussing monitoring findings with Program team and ensuring Program follow-up actions on recommendations;
- Assist in planning and coordinating implementation of regular monitoring activities in the field, such as monitoring site visits; interviews with beneficiaries as well as Program field staff and/or Implementing Partners; community profile monitoring through observation;
- Ensure preparation of regular monitoring reports, analyse monitoring data and ensure that it is shared with relevant stakeholders;
- Oversee and strengthen Complaints and Feedback Response Mechanism (CFRM) system, including establishing the system, collecting feedback through the CFRM channels, as well as through direct interaction with beneficiaries during site visits; processing F&C data, documenting, sharing with Program team and ensuring follow-up activities, analyzing the data and drafting conclusions;
- Assist in implementation of data quality assurance activities; conduct data cross-check exercises, report findings, conclusions and recommendations to Programme team and ensure follow-up actions;
- Contribute to preparation of inputs to project proposals: MEAL part, MEAL budget, assist in developing indicators, Logical Frameworks, beneficiaries selection criteria and revision of proposals;
- Provide support in developing new tools for assessment and monitoring, as well as critically reflect tools, methods and data collection practices in order to improve existing methodologies;
- Participate in Project Review and kick-off meetings and provide substantial inputs, present MEAL policies, findings, updates on F&C;
- Update and improve MEAL indicators/tools repository;
- Oversee and strengthen Lessons-learnt system in the Mission, as well as contribute to lessons-learnt on programmatic level;
- Provide technical assistance to Program team in developing databases of beneficiaries;
- Manage and administrate software used for data collection and reporting findings;
- Participate in recruitment of personnel dedicated to data collection exercises, as well as improving team capacity and ensure smooth cooperation between MEAL and Program teams;
- Carry out other duties assigned by the direct supervisor.
The successful MEAL Coordinator will be selected on the basis of the qualification requirements described below:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience – preferably in social work, community development, NGOs or civil society. Experience working with NGOs and/or the humanitarian sector, and use of data collection and data analysis tools will be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office package and good skills in using data collection and analysis software (Kobo, SPSS etc.) is required.
- Proficiency in English (at least advanced level) in both spoken and written language, excellent English writing and reporting skills is required.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian is required (both spoken and written).
- Good knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data analysis practices and tools will be an asset.
- University degree in relevant field (preferably in sociology, international development, international relations, or any other relevant field) will be an asset.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication, writing, and analytical skills.
- Good cooperation and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Sound understanding of local context, humanitarian needs of conflict-affected population in Ukraine.
Skilled candidates, interested in professional growth, currently at lower-level MEAL positions are also encouraged to apply.
What PAH offers:
- Work experience with professional and flexible international NGO, which is one of the largest NGOs in Central-Eastern Europe;
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team;
- Competitive salary.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us the following documents prepared in ENGLISH:
- Short CV (max. 2 pages) including relevant information on your work experience and education;
- Short cover letter;
- Indication of your availability to start your work for PAH.
To start the application process, please follow the link:
Deadline for applications: August 12, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews.
Please note: due to the urgency to fill the post, we encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as possible, as the recruitment will be done on the rolling basis, and PAH reserves the right to recruit before the deadline.