The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
NRC is looking for Food Security Programme Assistant (3 positions) in our office in Severodonetsk, Ukraine.
The purpose of the Food Security Programme Assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the Food Security projects.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist and support the implementation of the portfolio according to established plans of action
- Implement procedures and activities independently within core competency as delegated
- Responsible for organization and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards assigned
- Develop and maintain knowledge and skills required for the assigned area of work in which food security or similar humanitarian assistance is being provided, in order to be most effective in assisting the project implementation and the team
- Use initiative in day to day problem-solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Ensure proper collection and filing of documents
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Provide any kind of assistance to the L&FS programme as a whole, based on needs identified and assignments delegated.
- Assist and otherwise facilitate identification of the most vulnerable beneficiaries who require project’s assistance.
- Assist the FS Officer in the registration of beneficiaries;
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of work, verification of needs based on home visits, and/or distribution of assistance in line with NRC policies and donor requirements.
- A degree in economics, social sciences, law, philology or business studies;
- Experience in working as a Project Assistant / Officer in a humanitarian / recovery context;
- Previous experience in working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Fluency in Russian or Ukrainian, Some knowledge of English is an advantage;
- Computer literacy.
- Handling an insecure environment
- Working with people
- Coping with changes
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect.
Contract period: 7 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy, medical insurance, training opportunities, 7,5 h. working day
Duty station: Severodonetsk, Ukraine
Please note that we will contact only with shortlisted candidates.
NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment.
For the purpose of this vacancy, internal candidates are considered the first-tier ones.
According to the Adjustments to The Minimum Recruitment Standards from October 2017 an internal employee is in NRC defined as someone who has been employed by NRC within the last 2 years.
For submitting CVs please follow the links: https://rabota.ua/company2938123/vacancy8025508 or https://23109900.webcruiter.no/Main/Recruit/Public/4268653122?culture_id=en&link_source_id=0