Make a difference to today’s world.
WWF Ukraine is seeking to recruit a dynamic and enthusiastic Project and Communications Officer Sturgeon.
(full-time 100%, based in Kyiv)
WWF is an international nature conservation organization founded in 1961. We’re active in over 100 countries and have over 7000 employees. WWF works for the improvement of the natural environment, so that people can live in harmony with nature.
We’re currently looking for a Project Officer who will contribute to the WWF mission in general and to the implementation of the project “Successful Wildlife Crime Prosecution in Europe” in Ukraine.
Your duties will include:
- Deliver the assigned key projects tasks, as outlined within the action plan
- Execute specific tasks, assigned by the Project Managers and outlined in the workplan
- Provide support to the Project Managers with budgeting, workplan preparation, activity planning, tendering procedures
- Bear responsibility for the project events organization and coordinating the event execution with the team
- Take part in planning communication activities, preparation of communication materials and presentations for the project for internal and external purposes
- Support the preparation of donor reports, preparation of administrative reporting and project documentation
- Is in charge of contracts with third parties and subcontractors (preparation, signing, archiving), follow up of their work and ensuring the timely delivery of contract activities/deliverables
- Develop and maintain day-to-day contact with partners and interested stakeholders within the project
- Contribute to the development of new project proposals
- Provide expert support with the project execution, in line with own expertise and experience
- Aids the good functioning of the organization by contributing to planning, budgeting, communications, etc. and helping out with national activities whenever needed and possible
- Develop and support national, regional and local communications campaigns
- Support constant flow of information (in the format of articles, news, interviews, presentations, various project publications, basic posts) from the Sturgeon projects to own channels (website, social media, mailings), press and partners
- Develop concepts and content for communication activities and materials, including for print and digital, such as posters, factsheets, booklets for different target groups, information boards, expert hubs, reports, etc.
- Support general organizational communication by investing to such products as newsletters, press teasers, major events or campaigns
We expect from you:
- University degree in in economics, social and/or environmental discipline
- Basic project management knowledge
- Good knowledge of nature conservation (area relevant to project)
- 1-3 years of professional experience.
- Experience in preparation and execution of projects of similar nature within NGO, government or business organization
- Experience in the project field or with donor-financed projects is an advantage
- Strong oral and written communications skills in Ukrainian and Russian
- Good knowledge of oral and written English
- Very good computer skills
- Strong organizing skills
- Experience in document management
- Good information structuring and presentation skills
- Good communication skills, ability to build and maintain contacts
- Diplomacy and cultural skills to work with a broad array of individuals from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to work well within the national and larger international WWF team, as well as independently
- Strong computer literacy
- Reliability, integrity, trustworthiness
- Ability to work under pressure (tight deadlines) and positive attitude
- Interest and motivation in the area of nature protection
- The opportunity to make a difference – for Ukraine and for WWF
- Challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- Friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- Varying tasks and independent work style
- A pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
- A competitive salary according to NGO standards
If you are up to the adventure, please send in your application documents (CV and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 August 2020. We would like to understand more about your experiences, educational background and skills and what attracts you to the Panda team.
Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates. For more information about WWF Ukraine, kindly check our website: www.wwf.ua.